Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Country Payroll Lead
Requisition ID: 1805623963W
Johnson& Johnson (Thailand)
Country Payroll Lead
Perform tasks related to analysis, execution, and support of payroll processing. Maintain the utmost confidentiality in dealing with employee records and business information. Assist with the development and delivery of payroll training. Assist supervisor/manager with organizing tasks and reviewing the work of Coordinators. Required to work independently and may assist in specialized assignments. Ensure that deliverables meet or exceed individual objectives, adhere to payroll goals, and align with service center strategies.
- Perform payroll transactions such as data entry, mass uploads, reversals/replacements, and payroll processing jobs (e.g., gross to gross and gross to net). Review, analyze, and reconcile payroll and other payroll related data according to established timelines, standards, and procedures.
- Handle complex and/or sensitive payroll requests and issues.
- Examine and verify payroll related data for accuracy and consistency.
- Oversee and ensure Payroll deadlines are met and according to Payroll Operations procedures
- Ensure all company, federal, state, local, and other applicable compliance requirements are met. Ensure payroll is executed in accordance with SOX controls at all times.
- Prepare Payroll calendars for all paygroups.
- Prepare and process manual off-cycle pay. Review, analyze and update salary data and calculate retroactive salary data as required.
- Create reports of activities and findings to document results and review with the supervisor/manager.
- Analyze financial data and provide input to the payroll supervisor/manager.
- Document and review payroll operations procedures. Contribute to the ongoing development and maintenance of documentation (e.g., Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions) to ensure complete, accurate, and up-to-date depiction of processes. Partner with the supervisor/manager to assure version control, retention, and inventory of associated documentation.
- Coordinate Payroll Coordinators for day-to-day execution of duties and guide them regarding proper procedures, policies, and requirements. May review and “sign off” on Coordinator transactions.
- Assist the supervisor/manager with day-to-day task planning and special projects.
Business Improvement & Alignment
- Assure understanding of broader Payroll strategies.
- Review, follow, and provide input to payroll team objectives.
- Provide ideas, solutions, and tools to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of payroll processing.
- Support the development, reporting, and review of metrics to drive performance, identify trends, and develop/implement process improvements, escalating issues and proposed solutions as appropriate.
- Assist the supervisor/manager with capturing and responding to escalated issues, policies, and procedures from government agencies, payroll functions, and the operating companies.Teamwork and Individual Development
- Communicate regularly with supervisor/manager, team members, and appropriate stakeholders regarding task or project status and opportunities to improve service levels or processes. Escalate issues as appropriate to ensure quality service levels.
- Participate in and support departmental initiatives.
- Seek feedback, continuously learn, and take advantage of opportunities to improve knowledge, skill, and experience. Monitor results to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Adhere to company, department, and team standards of professionalism and protocol. Assure that behavior complies with the J&J credo and supports a positive work environment.
- Mentor and guide Payroll Coordinators.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS:
- University/Bachelors Degree or Equivalent, in Finance/Accounting or Business Administration desirable
- Generally requires (5-7) years Payroll or Finance related experience, with several years of strong people management responsibilities
- Previous experience in Payroll required, preferably for a large multi-state company. Experience in a shared service center environment preferred.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Payroll processes, procedures, controls, regulations, and compliance requirements.
- Significant analytical and problem solving skills required. Attention to detail a must.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills in order to communicate with customers, peers, and vendors.
- A sense of urgency in solving customer requests to ensure timely resolution and an ability to work under pressure, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality and sensitivity to compliance-related matters.
- Ability to influence others, identify problems, and recommend a course of action.
- Experience working on payroll projects. Able to process complex information and identify solutions that meet both internal and business partner requirements.
- Demonstrate ability to handle ambiguity and fluid situations, demonstrating a pragmatic approach
- Proficient interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully work with internal stakeholders and colleagues to contribute ideas, identify opportunities, and contribute to positive outcomes.
- Knowledge of standard business practices and professionalism in a customer service environment are essential.
- Ability to excel in a team based environment, demonstrating customer service and teamwork. Experience working through conflict to reach a successful resolution.
- Demonstrate ability to disseminate knowledge and techniques. Experience providing feedback to help others understand the rationale of desired outcomes and standards.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) desirable
- Experience with an ERP system required (payroll modules of SAP preferred)
- Experience with payroll applications and service providers desirable
- Experience with MicroSoft tools and applications required
Johnson & Johnson (Thailand) Ltd. (8585)