Johnson & Johnson Loopbaan
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Associate Scientist DPD
Requisition ID: 1805623960W
The Drug Product Development (DPD) department consists of four teams that work closely together: Formulation Development (FD), Fill/Finish Process (FFP), Formulation Science & Technology (FST), and Technical Integrators (TI). The DPD department develops the bulk drug substance and drug product formulations, the aseptic compounding and fill/finish processes, and oversees DP manufacturing at fill/finish sites within and outside Janssen. The department is embedded in the broader Vaccine Process & Analytical Development (VPAD) organization and collaborates with the clinical (supply) teams to define the storage and distribution network, and to generate in-use stability data.
The individual will plan, coordinate and execute scientific studies to support continuous improvement projects focusing on the development of enabling technologies (e.g. vaccine delivery systems, adjuvants, alternative route of administrations). You will perform data analysis and write scientific reports. On one end, you will work close together with the technical staff on the lab to perform the experimental work. On the other, you work closely together with the formulation development scientists and fill/finish engineers to translate the results of the development work into novel applications and products. You may also represent FST in a multi-disciplinary project team, operating at the interface with discovery groups, and will support the implementation of new programs into development.
• Designs and executes experiments to reach the project targets. Accountable for accompanying documentation such as Study Plans and Study Reports.
• Adheres to timelines for performing experiments.
• Participates in cross-departmental technology and investigation teams.
• Accountable for proper recording of information and collection of the data and for review of experimental results.
• Discusses problems and presents plans and data in internal scientific meetings.
• Ensures the availability of materials and equipment to perform experiments.
• Challenges the status-quo; leads and adapts to change.
• Value creation. Is responsible for innovation, conception of new ideas. Creates Intellectual Property. Is insight-driven to uncover unmet needs.
• Complies to EHS and GRP-standards and has solid JnJ Credo awareness acting accordingly
Key Performance Indicators
• Delivers assigned project deliverables with high quality, within budget and timelines.
• Able to think and challenge beyond own expertise area.
• Takes quick action driven by scientific curiosity.
• Personal targets.
Specific professional/technical requirements
MSc/PharmD/PDEng in a relevant discipline in biopharmaceutical sciences/engineering, biotechnology or analytical development.
At least 4 years pharmaceutical industry experience, preferably in a biopharmaceutical drug development environment. Familiarity with (vaccine) formulation development, adjuvants, drug delivery systems is a prerequisite, as is a working knowledge of biophysical and chemical characterization techniques.
Pro-active, flexible, and enjoys working in a team. Creativity and out-of-the-box mindset are key for this position.
What’s in it for you …?
As an employee, you are our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously. As a member of a global team in an innovative environment, your development is key and is our day-to-day responsibility. Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth. Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention BV (8852)