Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Manager EHS²
Requisition ID: 1805623535W
Senior manager Environment, Health, Safety and Sustainability for Janssen Biologics and for J&J Netherlands
Safety & Sustainability (EHS&S), as part of the J&J Supply Chain,
is currently recruiting for a Janssen
Biologics site EHS² lead and J&J multi-site lead EHS&S for the
Location for this position is the Janssen Biologics site in Leiden.
This senior manager EHS² will manage a team across a specified geography and multiple business functions seeking to optimize EHS&S resource deployment against strategic objectives. This person will routinely interface with multiple internal business stakeholders including Supply Chain, R&D, and Commercial leaders. The role has two components: site EHS² lead for Janssen Biologics and multi-site lead for J&J Netherlands.
The role may also interface with external stakeholders.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following- applying to both roles:
- Accountable for successful implementation of EHS&S services to local Supply Chain, R&D, Commercial customers in support of business objectives;
- Conducts periodic performance and service satisfaction reviews with Plant Manager, General Manager, and Site leaders;
- Creates value by driving greater efficiency and standardization in the deployment of EHS&S resources, processes, procedures and programs using a country campus construct;
- Accountable for delivery of agreed-to site and country performance plan;
- Builds and manages a lean, highly competent EHS&S support team that delivers superior EHS&S services to all facilities within the Netherlands.
- Continuously monitors all aspects of site and country performance, providing direction to Site EHS&S leaders and Site EHS&S teams. The person is part of the Janssen Biologics Leadership team;
- Leads and executes administrative activities including Talent Management, Budget Management, Cost allocation, and regulatory tracking processes;
- Provides EHS&S technical assistance and support as needed across the locations.
- A University/Bachelor's degree or equivalent level of degree is required. Science, engineering or related EHS discipline/degree is preferred.
- Dutch degree of ‘Hogere Veiligheidskunde’ or equivalent
- A minimum of (10+ years) of progressive experience in EHS&S management, with at least 4+ years managing EHS&S programs at a Manufacturing or R&D facility is required.
- Strong leadership skills a must.
- Previously demonstrated supervisory/leadership experience is required.
- An individual with the following is required: strong communicator who is credible and self-assured; strong technical skills with the ability to explain complex issues and requirements in an easily understood manner; ability to negotiate with and influence key business leaders.
- Strong compliance orientation with a focus on end-to-end process management is required.
- Ability to work in a matrix, team oriented environment is required.
- Highly developed interpersonal and cross-cultural skills are required.
- Strong written and oral English communication skills are required.
- High Energy, capability to Energize others, have an Edge and have high focus on Execution.
- Passion about the role, a positive “can do” attitude.
- Language Requirements: English, Dutch
- Travel Requirements: 15 % travel, depending on business needs.
Location / Organization
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)
Environmental Health & Safety