Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Regional Senior IT Procurement Manager
Requisition ID: 1805620919W
The IT Procurement organization is responsible for providing strategic sourcing for the IT Category. Each IT Procurement Manager will be primarily accountable for enterprise level sourcing & negotiation including the creation of relevant commercial and business terms. This includes managing the relationship with the suppliers and stakeholders within the infrastructure portfolio.
The Regional Senior IT Procurement Manager will deliver procurement-based competitive advantages by managing a world-class supplier network that provides superior value to J&J. The role of the Regional Senior IT Procurement Manager will deliver procurement-based competitive advantages by designing and executing category strategies. This role will identify, plan and communicate the business demand to the relevant IT Procurement teams. S/he will require an in-depth knowledge of the relative industry standards, leading technologies and solutions. S/he will develop and communicate the relative IT Category strategies as aligned to the business strategy and demand.
Additionally, s/he will be responsible for helping to shape and then execute to the strategic sourcing strategy for their portfolio including proving input on the appropriate supplier segmentation, negotiating, and defining business and commercial terms.
The Regional Senior IT Procurement Manager will maintain a thorough knowledge of their category strategy through leverage of the Category Management team, including J&J IT strategy, relevant market/industry knowledge, sourcing strategy and key aspects of supplier contracts. S/he will work closely with Johnson & Johnson IT to assure continuous alignment between Johnson & Johnson activities/processes and supplier requirements
The Regional Senior IT Procurement Manager will define and manage the broader planning aspects in regards to business planning, process gap analysis, and effective resource management.
- The Regional Senior IT Procurement Manager will define and execute the Demand Analysis process. S/he will plan against current and future business demands and lead execution of the plan. This includes defining internal baselines (spend and technology footprint) and prioritizing business requirements.
- S/he will define and lead the execution of the overall Supply Market Assessment. The Regional Senior IT Procurement Manager will connect with the relevant internal and external market intelligence sources to assist with the analysis of the market as well as the relevant suppliers. This includes the identification of key industry benchmarks and the impact analysis of trends and insights.
- Where relevant, s/he will assess category inflation factors and their implications.
- Under the guidance of the Category Leaders, the Regional Senior IT Procurement Manager will define, gain stake holder alignment including senior management, and ensure execution to the relevant category strategies by the sourcing and supplier management teams.
- This includes the generation of ideas that align to the business requirements
- S/he will validate and prioritize potential strategic options
- This includes determining the benefits case for the strategy
- S/he will lead the creation of the category strategy documents
- This includes the communication of the strategy as well as the compliance assurance
- The Regional Senior IT Procurement Manager will lead commercial negotiations primarily of medium to highly complexity with suppliers and is required to partner closely with Finance to access value of various proposals through negotiations, Legal to negotiated contractual terms with the supplier, and IT Senior management to gain approval for negotiation approach/ outcome throughout the discussions.
- The Regional Senior IT Procurement Manager will lead the definition and creation of business and commercial terms. This includes the ability to profile, articulate, and mitigates complex or “non- obvious” risks associated with the negotiations.
- This role will be required to develop, communicate, and execute category specific sourcing strategies that balance business objectives, sourcing leading practices and to deliver "best value" results
If appropriate this role will need to manage a team of resources (professionals). This includes execution of performance management, workload management, and career/succession planning to achieve optimal outcome for the portfolio.
- Active leadership and support of the broader IT Procurement, Business Services, and Global Procurement strategic initiatives.
- Lead development and refinement of IT Category processes, tools, and playbook, including leading the sharing of best practices with other categories.
- This role will serve as the lead for all IT Category activity in APAC.
- Design and support the execution of the annual business plans inclusive of cost savings, supplier diversity, supplier rationalization, and supplier enabled innovation targets.
- Ensure the adherence to the IT Procurement organization’s SOPs and provide feedback to enable continuous improvement.
- Provide oversight of portfolio resources including providing organizational development through training and stretch-assignment opportunities
- Develop content for Executive Reviews and actively participate in the supplier business reviews.
- Lead the implementation of category strategies including “Big Ideas”
- Actively support benchmark activities to monitor supplier performance against industry standards and contract costs in the marketplace
- Provide advice and input to the annual expense and capital budgeting process
- Shape the resource plan for IT Procurement based on his/her in-depth knowledge of the business’s project portfolio.
Travel will range from 10% to 15%, regionally.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum 8 years' experience in a
- Demonstrated expertise in category, sourcing, or relevant experience
- Proven track record in managing people and teams
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong business relationship management (influencing / change management)
- Demonstrated critical thinking and decision making
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- Proven track record in Performance management, Stakeholder management, and strong Business Financial Acumen
Johnson & Johnson Pte. Ltd. (8435)