Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Realtime Insights, GBM and I&P
Requisition ID: 1802180522
Johnson & Johnson Vision, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently seeking a Director, Realtime Insights, GBM and I&P to be based in Jacksonville, FL.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Director, Realtime Insights, GBM and I&P has dual responsibility as the global insights lead for JJVC’s upstream & downstream marketing teams. This includes supporting the Global Brand Management team for ACUVUE® Master Brand, Global Brands including OASYS®, True Eye®, MOIST® & Vita as well as to manage JJVC’s upstream - innovation efforts working with the Innovation & Pipeline (I&P) team. Making use of their deep understanding of the consumer, ECPs, customer, category and market intelligence, he/she & their team will play a key strategic role in driving business growth by anticipating emerging marketplace issues and identifying new consumer needs.
The Director will lead the global “voice of the consumer and customer” across the entire communications process in shaping the ACUVUE® Master Brand and Portfolio communications strategies (ADG). This role leads all Global Strategic Insights (GSI) activities associated with the development of communications programs for ACUVUE® (ADG) at the global level (with lead markets) and the creation/optimization of advertising assets to maximize equity and key performance measures for the Master Brand (ADG) for both target audiences.
He/she would be responsible for leading Insights for the I&P which involves the development and application of market research and consumer/professional understanding to address strategic new product issues and growth opportunities, identify knowledge gaps, and prioritize long-term learning plans around the world. He/she will play an important strategic role in driving business growth via identification of new product opportunities and providing insight to better manage risk associated with business decisions.
This position leads a team of 3 Global Insight Managers/Analysts.
He/she will need to ensure all projects are performed with a global mindset, while considering implications across individual markets to build a strategic plan in coordination and partnership with several key stakeholders including global and regional strategic marketing, R&D, regional GSI, Media Agencies, etc.
- Develop, shape and deliver integrated learning plans to identify knowledge gaps and prioritize and address key business issues to develop Master Brand Strategy for ACUVUE® Brand to guide strategic direction globally based on comprehensive understanding of the customer, consumer and market place dynamics.
- Lead a Team of Insight Managers that act as internal consultants and thought leaders in the areas of Global Brand Management with sound commercial recommendations to move the business forward. Proactively provide integrated analyses to internal stakeholders including the Global Brand Management team, Regional Marketing Organizations as well as lead the GSI I&P team to develop Strategic Growth plans for ACUVUE® Master Brand.
- Ensure overall ACUVUE® Master Brand and Demand Generation work & communication plans for each of the Global Brands including OASYS®, True Eye®, MOIST®, Define® & Vita globally is tied closely to brand equity, brand architecture, and communication strategy across the regions and local markets.
- Assesses business issues by effectively integrating primary information with other sources: insights, macro trends, behavioral, attitudinal; distills learnings to a simple, powerful message.
- Leading Insights for all innovation projects which involves consumer/professional understanding to identify unmet needs and opportunities, identify knowledge gaps, and prioritize long-term learning plans around the world. Drive business growth via identification of new product opportunities and providing insight to better manage risk associated with business decisions.
- Prepares and gives presentations to management on consumer understanding, marketplace trends, competitive data, and category trends.
- Maintain budget, recording all financial investment in research and syndicated data; support in the annual budgeting process while working with Global GSI Brand partners to execute global GSI initiatives and monitor across the key priority markets.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, statistics, mathematics, or related field; MBA or MS is strongly preferred
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive experience in strategic insights, global market research, business analytics, strategic forecasting, or a related field (required).
- Minimum three (3) years of experience of supervising and developing teams consisting of high performing Insights Managers (required).
- Experience working on Innovation and with R&D teams is highly preferred.
- Proven experience in developing innovative and agile insight approaches that leverage improved access through social/digital/mobile trends (required).
- Strong experience in partnering with Marketing to develop and optimize integrated marketing/advertising/communications for Consumers and Healthcare Professionals (required).
- Proven track record of managing in a matrix environment and ability to influence cross-functional teams to impact decision-making; willingness to “have an opinion” backed by insight and the confidence to influence key stakeholders in meetings and one to one basis (required).
- Outstanding communication skills; ability to think analytically to understand complex or ambiguous problems or issues and communicate solutions/conclusions clearly and concisely (required).
- Ability to create own agenda and deliverables given knowledge and understanding of the global vision care business/segments and GSI strategic imperatives.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time is required
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)