Johnson & Johnson Careers
ASSOCIATE SCIENTIST CART PROCESS DEV
Requisition ID: 1800190811
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Associate Scientist, located in Spring House, PA.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Janssen BioTherapeutics Development (BTD) is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Associate Scientist with a background in immunology, process development and/or CAR-T therapy to join our CAR-T Process Development team.
Responsibilities of the Associate Scientist may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform CAR-T manufacturing process to support process development activities
- Independently design and execute development studies. Analyze data, communicate results, and author technical reports
- Present ideas and data in team meeting. Be an active participant
- Utilize electronic notebook to capture data. Follow SOPs relating to safety, laboratory work, and data recording
- Coordinate study planning and execution with cross-functional team
- Work in a team environment as well as contribute individually to meet project timeline and objectives
- Foster a working environment that encourages the company's commitment to equal employment opportunity and the value of a diverse work force
- Bachelor's degree in biology, immunology, chemical engineering or other relevant scientific field, with at least 3 years of industry experience OR a Master's degree with at least 2 years of industry experience is required
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and aseptic technique
- Familiarity with cell biology, basic lab techniques and equipment (centrifuges, biosafety cabinets, etc.)
- Comfortable handling and processing blood
- Ability to design and execute experiments with minimal technical supervision
- Ability to creatively problem-solve and troubleshoot issues
- Experience in maintaining written records of work in the form of laboratory notebooks (paper or electronic)
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and data analysis tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Occasional weekend work may be required
- Previous study of CAR-T biology, CAR-T manufacturing, or immunology
- Experience in CAR-T production
- Familiarity with single-use bioprocessing technologies
- Experience working with viral vectors and gene delivery
- Cell or gene therapy experience
- Good understandings of GMP or GLP
Position will require occasional travel to other Janssen locations and external sites (<10%)
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)