Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Director, Epidemiology Analytics
Titusville, New Jersey; Raritan, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 1793180911
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Associate Director, Epidemiology Analytics located in Titusville, NJ or Raritan, NJ. Consideration can be given to working remote for the right individual.
Janssen Research and Development develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass novel targets in neurologic disorders, gastroenterology, oncology, infectious disease, diabetes, hematology, metabolic disorders, immunologic disorders, and reproductive medicine.
The Associate Director, Epidemiology Analytics will be a member of the Epidemiology Analytics team. Epidemiology Analytics supports the Janssen Research and Development organization, and others within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies by generating and disseminating real-world evidence about disease, health service utilization, and the effects of medical products through the analysis of healthcare data.
Epidemiology Analytics also collaborates with broader international research community to establish and promote best practices in the appropriate use of observational data by conducting methodological research, developing standardized analytics tools and demonstrating successful applications to important clinical questions.
The Associate Director, Epidemiology Analytics will be part of the Clinical Intelligence Applications function, a team responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of observational analyses for clinical characterization, population-level effect estimation, and patient-level prediction to meet the needs of J&J's scientific and business functions.
The successful candidate's responsibilities will include:
• Provide technical support for the data and analysis infrastructure used within the Epidemiology department, scientific support for conducting observational research in collaboration with epidemiologists and product teams and will aid in the dissemination of scientific information through technical reports and publications in peer-reviewed literature.
• Works closely with colleagues within the Epidemiology department, within Global Medical Safety throughout the Office of the Chief Medical Officer, and across Janssen Research and Development.
• Lead and contribute to the design of observational database analysis, including authoring protocol and analysis plan
• Lead and contribute to the execution of observational database analyses by using standardized analytical tools and writing statistical programs against internal and external observational data resources, including administrative healthcare claims, surveys, and electronic health records.
• Lead and contribute to the synthesis of evidence from observational database analyses with other evidence to inform medical decision-making, including authoring publications and presentations.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Biostatistics, Public Health, Epidemiology, Informatics, Computer Science or related field is required. A minimum of graduate degree (Master’s or PhD) in Biostatistics, Public Health, Epidemiology, Informatics, Computer Science or related field is preferred.
• Clinical education (e.g. MD/DO/DDS/PharmD/APCN) and at least 2 years of experience in clinical practice is required.
• At least 3 years of experience in statistical programming (e.g. SAS, R), or database programming (e.g. SQL) is required.
• At least 3 years of experience in programming against large healthcare datasets is required.
• At least 3 years of relevant prior work experience in the healthcare industry within a pharmaceutical (or related) company, insurer, or within a health system is required.
• Experience with the statistical analysis and management of administrative claims datasets or electronic health/medical records is required.
• Knowledge of medical terminologies (e.g. ICD, NDC, SNOMED, MedDRA, LOINC, CPT) is preferred.
• Strong written and oral communication skills are required.
• Project management experience is preferred.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville
United States-New Jersey-Raritan
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)