Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Patent Counsel
Requisition ID: 1778190808
Johnson & Johnson Law Department is currently recruiting for a Senior Patent Counsel to be located at a Janssen Research & Development campus in South San Francisco, CA; La Jolla, CA; or Spring House, PA. The position reports to an Assistant General Counsel - Patents.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
• Primarily support the pharmaceutical sector of Johnson & Johnson, and more specifically, the Infectious Disease and Vaccines and Global Public Health businesses of the Janssen operating companies.
• Provide a full range of patent support functions, including patent preparation and prosecution, freedom-to-operate analysis, rendering opinions, managing outside counsel, drafting and negotiating license and research collaboration agreements, due diligence support for business development and client counseling.
• Regularly make presentations and interact with and provide patent-related advice to the business.
• A minimum of an undergraduate degree in a pharmaceutical-related science is required; an advanced degree or post-graduate laboratory experience is strongly preferred.
• A Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school, admitted to the USPTO and licensed to practice in at least one state or the District of Columbia is required.
• Three (3) to seven (7) years of law firm and/or corporate law department experience is required, with five (5) or more years preferred.
• Ability to provide patent support for small molecule and nucleic-acid based pharmaceutical products is required; experience with antibody and vaccine based pharmaceutical products is preferred.
• Substantial experience drafting and prosecuting pharmaceutical-related patent applications is required.
• Experience in rendering patentability and non-infringement opinions is required.
• Emotional intelligence, ability to articulate and positively engage clients and internal partners and capability to give well organized, thoughtful presentation to upper management are key assets.
• Strong competency with legal matters associated with the research, development, commercialization, and patent litigation relating to both small molecules and biologics is strongly preferred.
• Experience in due diligence activities, license/agreement drafting and negotiation is preferred.
• Must be able to travel up to 15% of the time to domestic and international destinations.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-San Diego-
North America-United States-California-South San Francisco, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Johnson & Johnson (6067)