Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager, Pricing Service Management
Requisition ID: 1774190104
Global Pricing Strategy (GPS) is a newly established team responsible for the development, implementation and oversight of global pricing strategy, policies and long-term capabilities across the J&J Hospital Medical Device (JJHMD) portfolio of products.
The group drives alignment across franchises, platforms, and regions through central-lead, cross-functional collaboration and solid foundation in research and data analytics. The members of the global team work closely with Marketing, Sales, and Finance in building value-based business cases and driving a portfolio of strategic initiatives focused on near and long-term revenue growth opportunities. Simultaneously and in collaboration with IT, HEMA, GBI, and Shared Services the group focuses on expanding existing and introducing new global capabilities across strategy, setting, getting and governance. The group owns global targets and KPIs fully aligned with the financial and strategic priorities of JJHMD.
Role Objective & Responsibilities
As the health care market continues to evolve there is an increased focus on reducing costs, improving outcomes, and increasing patient satisfaction. JJHMD is experiencing a dramatic shift in how the prices of our products are viewed in the market place, with significant downward pressure, price transparency, benchmarking and competition. JJHMD is committed to driving sustainable profitable growth through differentiated pricing capabilities, simplification of our pricing policies and processes and agility in addressing near-term opportunities.
Sr. Manager, Pricing Service Management will be the primary global owner of the Pricing Services Offering and will develop, deploy and oversee a programmatic, KPI focused approach to End-to-End Pricing Services Delivery across platforms and regions. Their work will focus on mapping existing and designing future processes, identifying gaps and best in class practices and linking them to KPIs and other commercial excellence metrics as part of the broader Pricing Strategy offering. The role will also ensure streamlined transition to new service models globally through a suite of change management and communications activities. The role will interface with Service and Project Owners as well as multiple cross-functional partners across the global HMD business. They will be accountable for effective execution, stakeholder management as well as operational & financial KPIs. Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Owner of End-to-End Process Design and Process Improvement for Global Pricing Services deployment.
- Owner of Service Deployment working closely with the Global Service Owners to devise implementation and change management strategy and plans, track program/project progress and measure effectiveness of solutions across platforms & regions. Over time, the role will also focus on the Service Model transition and scaling globally.
- Owner of Customer Service & Engagement: the role will work on designing and managing the Customer Engagement and Satisfaction Strategy and metrics for Global Pricing including NPS tracking.
- Owner of Performance Mgmt. incl. both Service Portfolio as well as Platform specific KPIs & Metrics development, Scorecard/Dashboard design and reporting. The role will work closely with Data & Analytics team to develop advanced performance mgmt. tools and reporting.
- Lead for Global Pricing Strategy Comms including the Quarterly Pricing Strategy Newsletters, Executive Reviews content and the collaborative Pricing & Contracting Practitioners forums.
In addition to demonstrating high level of proficiency in the business and customer landscape and strong process excellence and performance management skills, the ideal candidates will possess a balance of quantitative/qualitative problem-solving skills, a sharp strategic mind grounded in insights and excellent written and oral communications and focus on driving financial impact.
- Strong business acumen including extensive background in Services and Process Design and Process Optimization; 6 Sigma and/or Design Thinking qualification and proven track record is required
- Proven track record in Performance & KPI Management required
- Change Management & Service Transition skills required
- Hands-on experience with Customer Engagement and Customer Satisfaction tracking, metrics and KIPs development required
- Experience in developing change and communication strategy and content required
- Listening & Assertive
- Strong verbal skills with clear, concise written communications
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders and productively work through conflict
- Feedback and Self-Awareness
- Development Plan and Career Management
- Benchmarking (Internal and External) and sharing best practices
- Comfort with ambiguity and making decisions amidst uncertainty
- Ability to lead in high pressure, time sensitive situations
- Collaborative with all stakeholders, foster trust and partnership
- Strong, fact-based influencing, negotiation and conflict management skills
Planning and Organization:
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-moving, complex environment
- Strong time management and organizational skills
Problem Solving/Decision Making:
- Ability to disaggregate a problem in components and root causes
- Be hypothesis-driven and drive 80/20 analysis with imperfect data
- Sound judgment and strong pattern recognition
- Solutions-oriented with a bias towards action
- Bachelors degree required.
- An advanced degree in Business, Finance, Economics or Marketing is preferred. An MBA and/or an advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 8 plus years of relevant business experience.
- 3 plus years in either Service & Process Design and Implementation and/or Change Management; proven track record of working across geographies within complex business environment.
- Self-starter and strategic thinker with demonstrated ability to implement strategies based on competitive dynamics, economic goals, and customer needs
- Ability to use detailed financial analyses and high-level pattern recognition to drive performance is required
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional, global environment and build support across a complex set of senior stakeholders
- Ability to form strong, trust-based relationships with Regional & Local Leadership Teams and other functional stakeholders.
- Drive to understand the full set of JJHMD product & service portfolios and offerings, strategies and business objectives
- Ability to influence and align complex groups of stakeholders towards global while leveraging regional/local business objectives
- Strong level of ownership and drive for meeting / exceeding expectations
- Ability to drive rapid, but fact-based decision-making with imperfect data
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills with significant experience in market and customer segmentation on global basis is required
- Experience with Marketing, Sales and R&D teams across healthcare and other industries is recommended
- Comfort working remotely with multiple lines of business on global basis
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
Johnson & Johnson (6067)
Health Economics Mkt