Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sales Consultant – Spine – Los Angeles, California - DePuy Synthes Sales, Inc
Requisition ID: 1743190809
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Spine Sales Consultant in the South Los Angeles area.
The Sales Consultant has front-line responsibility for developing and fostering new surgeon and account-level relationships within a geographic territory.
• Prospecting and Planning: Identify and qualify prospective surgeons and accounts. Develop and execute account or surgeon-specific plans and selling strategies to grow sales and convert new business.
• Achieves Business Plan objectives including territory and new product quotas through meeting growth objectives
• Product Sales: Drive product sales for all assigned products within an assigned territory or set of named accounts. Uses product and customer knowledge to present, demonstrate, and ensure proper utilization of products
• Customer Relationships: Gain access to the right surgeons and buyer points within an account. Build effective customer relations with key surgeons, operating room personnel and other pertinent hospital personnel.
• Case Coverage: Maintain appropriate surgeon/resident contact with all prospects or newly converted customers. Routinely provide support to surgeons and OR personnel during surgical cases
• Customer Care: Strive to improve patient care. Service customer as a problem solver and maintain excellent response time and follow-up. Routinely educate Surgeons, OR and Central Supply Personnel through in-services and workshops
• Inventory Management: Maintain sales equipment and promotional materials in proper condition and uses them to support territory efforts
• Handle competitive threats with appropriate sense of urgency
• Actively promote new or special emphasis products and strategic selling objectives
• Implement plans to achieve a balanced product sales mix in assigned territory
Sales Consultants must achieve a level of expertise and competence, as well as a reputation for integrity, and are required to be on call 24 hours to respond to the needs of our customers and works every day to improve patient care.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college OR:
[in lieu of Bachelor’s degree]
Associate’s degree, or surgical tech / highly specialized medical training/ certification (e.g. Medical Sales College) plus four (4) years of relevant experience in clinical, hospital, or surgical environments
[in lieu of Bachelor’s degree]
At least eight (8) years of orthopedic sales experience
A minimum of three years of relevant sales or professional experience, preferably in medical device and/or in clinical/hospital/surgical environments.
The ability to work in a lab/operating room environment.
A valid driver's license issued in the United States
The ability to travel which may include weekend and/or overnight travel.
Residence in or willingness to relocate to the posted territory.
Strong interpersonal communication, negotiation, influencing, strategic thinking, problem solving, and business acumen skills required.
Experienced in data analysis and have excellent problem-solving skills
Results orientation/sense of urgency; ability to drive to tight timelines
Internal and external customer focus
Ability to work independently and autonomously
Ability to work in matrix and team structure
High level of attention to detail
Demonstrated ability to understand, interpret, communicate and work in complex environment
Understanding of human anatomy and physiology
Strong technical product knowledge of surgical instruments, procedures, protocols and solutions preferredPreferred Qualifications:
Three (3)+ years of previous experience in one of the following: healthcare sales experience or hospital/operating room experience, or clinical experience in orthopedic sports medicine.
- Track record of building a successful territory
Selling experience in Trauma, Spine, Orthopedic Sports Medicine, Extremities, or Neurology strongly preferred.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-California-Los Angeles-
DePuy Synthes Sales, Inc. (6032)