Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Maintenance Supervisor
Las Piedras, Puerto Rico
Requisition ID: 1740190809
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Healthcare is recruiting for a Senior Maintenance Supervisor to be located in Las Piedras, Puerto Rico.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., based in Las Piedras, PR, is one of the world's largest consumer health and personal care products company. Our consumer companies produce many of the world's most trusted brands, among them JOHNSON'S® Baby, BAND-AID®, NEUTROGENA®, TYLENOL®, MOTRIN®, and LISTERINE®. Each one of our consumer businesses embraces innovative science to create products that anticipate consumer needs and create experiences that help them live healthy, vibrant lives.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, The Senior Maintenance Manager is responsible for the installation, performance and maintenance of all the production equipment. Plans and coordinates the preventive and corrective maintenance of manufacturing/packaging equipment. Covers all maintenance related responsibilities including support to improvement projects and reliability. Maintains production equipment in compliance with QSR; safety, sanitation regulations and McNeil’s standards.
• Prioritize, assign, and coordinate work performed by production maintenance staff. Establish, review and communicate plans (work/project scope, cost, schedule, resource requirements, and risks) for maintenance activity execution required to meet business objectives.
• Have thorough knowledge of all operating equipment and provide expertise in troubleshooting situations to keep machines running and reduce downtime.
• Develop and improve preventive maintenance programs for all production equipment and oversees their implementation and execution, to eliminate or reduce major equipment failure.
• Maintain production equipment in optimum condition and prevent deviations of PM program to stay in sync with QSR, Company Policies and Procedures.
• Perform Investigation and writes Event Reports following the established timeline.
• Lead the PSM program in the business unit of operation as Integrated Ownership of Safety Systems (IOSS) in the PSM Program.
• Enable effective implementation of the program procedures and ensure improvements and progress against the corporate maturity ladder.
• Be responsible to ensure a PHA is done in collaboration with the EHSS representatives on all processes identified by the PSM Process Hazard Screening Tool. Assure all operational recommendations resulting from process hazard analysis reviews, audits, equipment modifications and additions are addressed in a timely manner and in compliance with the plant management of change procedure.
• Participate in assessments of the standard, internal audits and program reviews.
• Participate non-conformances situations and help to define the needed corrective actions and resources to conform, and then track the items to closure.
• A Bachelor’s or higher degree in Science or Engineering is required. Majors in Mechanical, Electrical, and/or Chemical Engineering are preferred.
• A Master’s Degree in Science or Engineering in a technical field is preferred.
• A minimum of six (6) years of applicable experience in production maintenance field is required.
• At least three (3) years of experience working as a Supervisor role is required.
• Strong knowledge in quality and compliance systems in the regulated pharmaceutical industry is required.
• Knowledge in two (2) or more of Operation Areas (i.e. granulation, compression, coating, printing, direct compression, etc.) is required.
• Basic knowledge on validation and qualification principles are required.
• Experience in Process Safety Management (PSM) is required.
• Experience leading process improvement projects; including but not limited to ownership of change controls, Standard Operating Procedures, and protocols, is required.
• Experience managing process and safety investigations is preferred.
• Must be Bilingual (Spanish & English).
• Knowledgeable in Statistics, cGMPs, and pharmaceutical industry applicable regulations.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required.
• Ability to read, analyzes, and interpret technical procedures. Ability to write maintenance procedures.
• Ability to effectively present information and answer to questions from groups of managers, customers and other employees of the organization.
• Requires proven initiative, creativity, assertiveness and leadership abilities. Excellent communication and interpersonal relation skills.
• Must be able to work under pressure achieving consistently high results through individual and team efforts. Proven ability to anticipate and solve problems.
• Availability to travel up 10% of the time.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Puerto Rico-Las Piedras-
McNeil Healthcare LLC (7598)