Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Project Manager - New Product Development
Requisition ID: 1740171117
Johnson & Johnson Vision, part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Project Manager located in Milpitas, California.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio. Thriving on a diverse company culture. celebrating the uniqueness of our employees, and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Project Manager will lead and deliver global projects through the JJVS Product Delivery Process. They are accountable for guiding the cross-functional teams to ensure strategic alignment and execution of the project deliverables, on schedule, within budget, and to the required quality standards. The Project Manager will champion and share best practices and tools which facilitate predictable delivery of new products consistent with business strategy and objectives. They are technically strong individuals who work directly with the Technical Lead, Business Leaders and Functional Managers to identify and coordinate resolution of technical and project risks. They provide timely and effective communication of project progress, resource needs and mitigations. The Project Manager uses a leadership style that inspires teamwork, standardization, compliance and overall success in project results for the benefit of the customer and the company.
The Project Manager is:
· Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
· Develops and ensures all deliverables (project and technical) are well understood by the project core team.
· Works with the team to appropriately challenge project assumptions and thoroughly identifies the project and technical risks.
· Prepares project schedule, ensuring timing estimates from the cross-functional team are accurate and appropriately challenged, including buffers to mitigate risks.
· Organizes and delivers presentations to management, including the New Products Committee at gate meetings.
· Executes high quality, integrated cross-functional project plans including development of project charter, schedule, milestones, budget, risks, issues and resources needed.
· Primary point of contact for the project and interface with Technical Leader on technical issues, Functional Manager on resource issues and Executive Sponsor on project issues.
· Facilitates cross-functional communication between R&D, Marketing, Operations, Quality Assurance and Clinical/ Regulatory organizations.
· Leads project team meetings, develops and manages agenda, minutes, and follow up action items.
· Resolves issues, conflicts and project bottlenecks as they arise, negotiating effectively with others.
· Ensures projects run in compliance with Design Control Regulations.
· May supervise the activities of other lower-level personnel.
· BA or BS in Engineering or Science fields is required.
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in R&D new product development in technology-driven manufacturing industry is required.
· 8 years of industry experience with emphasis Project Management is required.
· Demonstrated technical project management skills are required.
· Medical device and electro-mechanical system experience with design control regulation highly preferred.
· Experience in global market expansion projects including compliance testing to international standards (i.e. China and Japan) is preferred.
· Experience with MS Office, including MS Project is required.
· A PMP Certification is preferred.
· Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt project certifications is preferred.
AMO Development, LLC (6242)