Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Business Model Innovation (BMI)
Requisition ID: 1735180522
Johnson & Johnson Vision, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently seeking a Director, Business Model Innovation (BMI) to be based in Jacksonville, FL.
Johnson & Johnson Vision (JJVC) is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Reporting to the Vice President, Connected Commerce for the Vision Care Franchise, the Director, Business Model Innovation (BMI) and Ecommerce will be responsible for creating and utilizing an innovation and implementation process in which disruptive or game changing business models or/and connected commerce capabilities can be identified, evaluated, incubated, commercialized and optimized.
In close collaboration with the Vision Care Experience Team, this position will identify differentiated and innovative business solutions to increase address access, trial, conversion, and retention addressing critical friction points in current consumer and professional journeys. In close collaboration with Vision Care Regions and Countries, this position will pilot these business solutions to validate their commercial viability and then prioritize the roll out of these business solutions with clear ROI and Net Wearer Growth Targets.
This individual will interface with internal and external stakeholders to understand landscapes, needs and continuously evaluate potential business solutions as well as business partnerships.
This position will also be responsible for developing business cases, commercial and technical evaluations of innovative concept solutions and piloting these solutions before their full-scale roll outs. This position will be responsible for marketing these business solutions once ready to be rolled out. This position will have direct reports.
- Lead JJVC efforts to identify and drive new business model innovation opportunities to improve patient and professional experiences and accelerate revenue growth of JJVC
- Develop strategies to deliver successful business model innovations leveraging external as well internal resources while minimizing any disruption to our current business
- Partner with Regional Team and Support Team to prioritize and plan Business Model Roll Outs globally
- Leverage Design Thinking and Lean Start Up Methodologies to define Minimum Viable Products (MVPs), validate Business Model Assumptions and increase time to market
- Manage communication with all key stakeholders to ensure all ideas are aligned with strategic goals of the business.
- Build and maintain contacts with key technology and business partners
- Leverage existing key contacts to generate leads and continuously foster new opportunities
- Must remain abreast of market trends, competitive environment and consumers and professionals rapidly evolving needs and engage the organization to continually stay ahead of competition
· Bachelor’s degree is required, MBA desirable.
· 10 years of progressive business experience is required.
· 5 years of Product / Program Development including Sales and/or Marketing experience is required.
· Experience in Selling Consumer Med Tech Products or Services is a plus.
· Experience and understanding of Selling in OmniChannel Environment is desirable.
· Comprehensive understanding of digital ecosystem and how e-commerce, web, mobile, social, search and offline channels work together to optimize behavior, acquisition and sales is required.
· Advance analytical skills with knack for interpreting trends and data, and making informed projections/assertions is required.
· Knowledge of digital E-commerce technology architecture and implementation is required.
· A strong leader capable of developing, coaching, managing and motivating a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment is required.
· A strong influencer with previous people management experience to lead a diverse group of team members and stakeholder across multiple business and geographical areas is required.
· Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time is required.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)