Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Scientist, Computational Chemistry - San Diego, CA
Requisition ID: 1727190808
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Scientist, Computational Chemistry for our site in San Diego, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC. is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Discovery Sciences organization within Janssen R&D is continuing to build key scientific expertise in screening, pharmacology and chemistry to partner closely with therapeutic area scientists to develop groundbreaking new medicines in the areas of Oncology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Cardiovascular, and Infectious Diseases. We are seeking excellent drug discovery scientists to join the team to bring their expertise to exciting efforts in novel areas of drug discovery.
As a Senior Scientist, you will apply computational methods, including structure-based drug design, homology modeling, QSAR, Cheminformatics, ligand/receptor docking, high-throughput virtual screening (HTVS), molecular dynamics, quantum methods and diversity/similarity analysis and machine learning/artificial intelligence (ML/AI) in the design of individual molecules and libraries to advance various drug discovery projects. You will participate in multi-disciplinary teams including chemists, biologists, and structural biologists providing key expertise in the use and interpretation of structural data related to drug targets and their ligands/inhibitors. You will be responsible for:
- Execution of sophisticated experiments using advanced computational techniques on UNIX-based computer workstations.
- Clear communication of the results of computational experiments and interpretations of structure to team members facilitating the discovery of new drugs is expected.
- Development of novel computational methods to address key drug discovery questions.
- A minimum of a PhD in Computational Science or related discipline is required.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the application of computational chemistry tools to drug discovery is required.
- Familiarity with one or more standard computational chemistry packages (Maestro/Schrodinger, MOE/Chemical Computing Group, OpenEye tools) is required.
- Ability to script work flows and implement new algorithms is preferred.
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams is required.
- Experience with cheminformatics toolkits and packages (e.g., Schrödinger, MOE, KNIME ChemAxon, CambridgeSoft) is preferred.
- Expertise in large scale data handling (ie. extraction, manipulation, and merging multiple data sources with tools, like Pipeline Pilot) is preferred.
- Excellent writing and verbal skills are required.
- Experience with high-throughput virtual screening (HTVS), and/or machine learning/artificial intelligence (ML/AI) is preferred.
- This position is located at our company site in San Diego, CA.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-San Diego-
North America-United States-California-La Jolla
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)