Johnson & Johnson Careers
Wire Draw Equipment Operator - 3rd Shift
Requisition ID: 1721180911
Ethicon, Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Wire Drawer Equipment Operator located in Somerville, NJ.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies-including sutures, hemostasis products, surgical staplers, trocars, energy devices and synthetic mesh devices-that are used in a wide variety of open and minimally invasive surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women's health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of surgery.
Thriving with a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
• Draw and anneal wire rods of various alloys to produce needle wires of a wide range of diameters to exacting quality standards in accordance with applicable specifications.
• Process wire rods through preprocessing operation.
• Set-up and operate all drawing equipment, perform required quality checks and adjust machines as necessary.
• Set-up and operate strand annealing lines, performs quality checks and adjusts lines as necessary.
• Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly.
• Perform any other work, related in nature, to assure efficient machine operation and maintenance of production schedule.
• Perform operator preventative maintenance. Assist craft support as directed by supervisor.
• Ensure compliance to GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices) as it pertains to daily activities within Ethicon.
• Work in team environment behaving in a CREDO based respectful manner.
• Comply with all federally regulated programs.
• Adhere to J&J environmental and safety policies and guidelines.
• Comply with all job specific safety procedures and utilize PPE when necessary.
• Comply with quality system requirements as defined within procedures and instructions.
• Use test equipment (Starett Gauge, Mitutoyo Gauge, Microscope, etc.) where applicable.
This is under a Collective Bargaining Agreement in a union environment and the hourly rate is $28.23/hour.
• A minimum of a High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent required.
• A minimum of 1 year of experience working in a GMP manufacturing medical device or pharmaceutical environment is required.
• Basic computer skills required.
• Basic math skills, with the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, compute percentages and work with decimals and fractions required.
• Ability to use Micrometer, tachometer, eye piece magnifiers, and other hand tools preferred.
• Knowledge of evaluating tool quality and machine performance, and make machine settings using micrometers, tachometers, and other instruments preferred.
• Ability to operate a forklift, overhead crane, Torrington-type swager, a butt welder, etc. preferred.
• Must be a certified Forklift Operator or be willing to become certified.
• The ability to lift/carry up to 35 pounds unaided is required. Ability to stand and walk 40% of the time required.
• This position requires a daily commute to Somerville, NJ Sunday - Thursday for the 3rd shift working hours of 11PM - 7AM with occasional over time as needed by the business.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville
Ethicon Inc. (6045)