Johnson & Johnson Vision (JJV), a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Injection Molding Process Engineer, to be located in Jacksonville, FL.
JJV, is a worldwide company with operations in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Since we introduced soft disposable contact lenses in 1988, and through the acquisition of Abbott Medical Optics in 2017, no other manufacturer has matched the aggressive expansion of our wide-ranging Surgical Vision (Cataracts and Lasik portfolio) and Vision Care (ACUVUE and Consumer Eye Health solutions) family of products. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding the JV brand and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in total eye healthcare solutions.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Senior Injection Molding Process Engineer will:
Performs a variety of injection molding process and mechanical assignments utilizing both process and mechanical engineering fundamentals. Works at an advanced technical expertise level involving planning, development and design of equipment, processes or facilities. Responsible for developing optical molding processes and cell equipment to facilitate high quality products and reliability.
• Takes a leading position in activities involved with sub-contractors/vendors from beginning of design process through installation and start-up processes.
• Acts as advocate for continuous improvement of technology and processes.
• Adheres to environmental policy and procedures and supports department environmental objectives.
• Plans, conducts and directs injection molding/equipment assignments for production support in areas of process capability, uptime, cycle time and yield. Manages multiple projects across various disciplines.
• Participates in troubleshooting and resolving equipment, systems, and process problems to prevent the occurrence of product nonconformity.
• Prepares equipment, process, safety and materials specifications and conducts technical analysis of vendor proposals.
• Qualifies new equipment and performs vendor and site acceptance testing to meet project objectives.
• Provides training to Operations engineers and technicians to operate, troubleshoot and maintain new equipment.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in a Mechanical Engineering or Plastic Engineering discipline. Advanced Degree in Engineering is preferred
- A minimum of four (4) years of engineering experience in an injection molding process/equipment development, project management, construction, installation and qualification is required.
- Experience working in a FDA regulated medical device environment is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge and complete understanding and application of principles, concepts and practices of manufacturing engineering is required.
- Thorough knowledge of plastic processing & molding technology is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required
- Excellent organizational skills are required
- 2D & 3D CAD software experience is preferred
- RJG Master Molder I Certification is required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products are required.
- This position is located in Jacksonville, FL and may require up to 10% of travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.Primary Location
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)Job Function
Engineering (Generalist)Requisition ID