Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 1713190410
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Janssen BioPharma, Inc., a member of The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, is dedicated to the development of therapeutics for a broad range of infectious diseases. Janssen BioPharma, Inc., located in South San Francisco, is one of Janssen’s main R&D hubs committed to developing innovative health approaches and products, while also providing a balanced and healthy lifestyle for its employees through healthy eating and promoting an active lifestyle.
The Biochemistry group within Infectious Disease Discovery Biology in Janssen BioPharma Inc. is seeking a Research Intern to join our efforts in the discovery of novel antivirals. In the biochemistry group, we focus on the development of new biochemical assays, the production of viral target proteins, the screening of antivirals against the viral targets, and the studies of mechanism of actions of novel antivirals. The Research Intern will:
- be working with a team of biochemists on antiviral research project(s). The projects will include design of recombinant viral protein expression constructs, expression of protein in an array of prokaryotic and eukaryotic expression systems, protein purification, and using purified proteins to develop new biochemical assays for both low throughput screening and high throughput screening.
- learn the basic laboratory skills including, but not limited to: Laboratory Safety and Ergonomics, pipetting, buffer and sample preparation, protocol design, and data recording and analysis.
- learn a variety of techniques in biochemistry and biology including, but not limited to: cell culture, plasmid preparation, protein purification using FPLC, protein SDS-PAGE, electrophoresis of nucleic acid, fluorescence polarization, and TR-FRET.
- write scientific reports, and present data in group and department meetings.
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in biochemistry, molecular biology, or related field.
- Candidates must be available to work Full-time
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Demonstrated leadership is preferred.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team.
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel (including a high proficiency with generating pivot tables and graphs), and Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills. Additional technical competencies in SharePoint and other information technology systems are highly desirable, as is experience with PubMed databases and other literature databases.
- Candidates with academic and/or industrial experience are strongly preferred.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is strongly preferred.
- Participation in campus/community service activities is desired.
- This position is located in South San Francisco, CA.
Internship Effective Date: ~ June 1st through August 31st (flexible)
Compensated Internship Position
Housing not provided
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-South San Francisco-
Janssen Biopharma, Inc. (6224)