Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Late Development, Global Trial Leader, Infectious Diseases
Beerse, Belgium; Leiden, Netherlands; Breda, Netherlands
Clinical Trial Coordination
Requisition ID: 1705615330W
Janssen Research and Development, member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Global Clinical Development Operations (GCDO) Late Development Trial Leader (LD GTL) located in Spring House, USA; Titusville, USA; Raritan, USA; Beerse, Belgium; High Wycombe, UK; Leiden, South Holland; or Breda, Netherlands.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. We pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
We discover and develop creative medical solutions to address unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com to learn more.
- The GCDO Late Development Trial Leader (LD GTL) has primary global accountability at the trial level within the GCDO organization. The GTL is accountable and provides operational expertise for the successful cross-functional delivery of assigned global clinical trial(s), within agreed timelines and budget, and in alignment with all the applicable SOPs and regulatory requirements.
- The incumbent is accountable for oversight of external service providers (ESP), including ESP contracts and budgets. In addition, he/she will be involved in planning and execution of both internally managed and outsourced trials, with scope from draft protocol elements document to availability of the Clinical Study Report and applicable disclosure of the trial results.
- The GTL is responsible for leading the cross-functional Trial Team (including GCDO and non-GCDO members) and collaborates with all trial team members, building the trial operational plan, in alignment with the organizational and the Therapeutic Area (TA) Clinical Team’s objectives. The GTL defines risk mitigation strategies and ensures implementation thereof.
- The GTL maintains oversight of the trial by taking an operational leadership role in a matrix organization; this includes coordinating activities in the Trial Team and ensuring ad-hoc trial Working Groups are organized as needed, driving issue identification and resolution, contingency planning, and decision-making.
- Identifies risks and ensures mitigation and contingencies are being initiated and followed through (including management of CAPAs).
- You are responsible for overall trial budget and contract management, including updates for scope changes, review & approval of external service provider (ESP) contracts, change orders and ensures services are delivered.
- You are responsible to drive the final study placement, and ensure alignment with and communication to the involved partners, including TA and regional TA experts.
- Develop the trial ESP strategy for the assigned trial in line with the overall program ESP strategy.
- You are responsible for CRO management, including initiation of selection process, SOW development, budget and change orders and oversight of all deliverables outsourced to the CRO.
- Builds and updates study-specific documents such as Monitoring Guidelines, Informed Consent Form, IMP related documentation, Blinding Plan, country and site feasibility related documents, Safety related documents, Protocol Deviations and Issue processes, External Service Provider Oversight Plan, Filing and Archiving Plan.
- Participates in preparation for, Health Authority inspections and internal QA audits.
- Accountable to drive lessons learned initiatives at trial level during and after trial achievement completion; accountable for developing subsequent issue resolution and process improvements as required.
- Strong interaction with the Therapeutic Area, other GCDO functions, Clinical Supply Chain, Bioresearch Quality and Compliance Group, Clinical Business Operations, Finance, Project Management Organization, Regulatory and external partners to influence alignment on issues and decisions affecting trial management, enabling successful trial outcome.
- You do not have any direct reports.
- You possess a Bachelor’s or higher degree, preferably in Life Sciences (e.g., Biology, Chemistry, Nursing, and Pharmacy).
- You have 8 or more year’s clinical trial work experience in the pharmaceutical/ medical device industry and/or CRO.
- Strong knowledge in Late Development clinical trials is highly preferred. An exploratory scientific mindset with focus on disease area and PK/PD/biomarkers is recommended.
- You are able to lead all aspects of execution of a clinical trial and you demonstrate expertise in vendor management.
- You excel in organizing and motivating global or regional teams in a virtual environment.
- You are a coach and a mentor.
- Able to travel up to 20% of the time, (as defined by business need).
- Relevant experience in the Late Development of a Therapeutic Area.
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Netherlands-North Brabant-Breda, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Netherlands-South Holland-Leiden
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)
Clinical Trial Coordination