Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Clinical Designer
West Chester, Pennsylvania
R&D Engineering (R&D)
Requisition ID: 1705190102
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is seeking an Associate Clinical Designer to be located in West Chester, PA.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
In this role you will be responsible for supporting the design and documentation of customized, patient-specific implants and instruments, based on a specific surgeon request and / or patient imaging. For the design of patient-specific or surgeon-specific devices, this role includes checking all new requests and the corresponding imaging, importing and preparing the imaging and project data, preparing the project folder, and communicating with the sales consultants to ensure the specific requirements are understood and met. This individual is responsible for supporting multiple cases, or implant designs, simultaneously, ensuring high quality, on-time completion of all design deliverables.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Import, inspect and prepare patient imaging for future implant designs.
- Prepare the project folder, and register new cases in the project tracking software, and complete all updates in a timely manner.
- Request and inspect all functional check devices (FCD) for patient specific implants.
- Request anatomic models (if requested by the surgeon) from the supplier.
- Computer-aided design of less-complex patient-specific cranial devices, under the direct guidance of a Clinical Designer 2 or higher.
- Interpret surgeon specifications and transfer the requirements into a patient-specific design that meets the surgeon’s needs and complies with the product requirements and indications.
- Complete implant design reviews, ensuring compliance with all design standards and work instructions, including thorough and accurate design documentation based on the latest released procedures.
- Ensure on-time execution of all project deliverables, including device designs, design reviews, quotations, and case correspondence.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Understand and comply with all company policies in regard to HIPAA and patient confidentiality.
- Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one's job, and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- Diligently participate in our compliance program-related activities as denoted by your supervisor or our Chief Compliance Officer.
- An Associate’s degree with a minimum of 2 years of relevant design experience is required OR a High School diploma with basic technical training in an Engineering/Drafting/Design field and a minimum of 4 years relevant design experience is required.
- Experience with 3D CAD software is required.
- Experience with customized design processes is desirable.
- Design experience of patient-specific medical devices is a plus.
- Experience with MIMICS and FreeForm Modeler, ProENGINEER or Solidworks experience is a plus. CREO or WindChill is desired.
- Experience working in manufacturing is a plus.
- Experience working with 3D printing is a plus.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated high quality standards and a strong attention to details.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, organize and manage multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated the ability to effectively and efficiently learn and apply new technology.
- This position will be based in West Chester, PA and may require up to 5% travel.
If you want to explore the many small-company environments behind the big-company impact of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, bid on this position today.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester-
Synthes USA Products, LLC (6317)
R&D Engineering (R&D)