Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Scientist - Particle & Powder Characterization
Requisition ID: 1703563806W
In our Pharmaceutical Sciences department of Janssen R&D Operations / PDMS Small Molecule Value Stream, we are responsible for:
- Biopharmaceutical analysis
- Developability assessment
- Physical form selection
- Material Sciences
- Powder and Particle Characterization
We offer a position for a Senior Scientist in the domain of Powder and Particle Characterization.
- You will be a member of the ‘Particle and Powder Characterization’ group. This team is responsible for characterization activities related to particle properties (such as size and shape, morphology, specific surface area, mechanical properties, etc.) and powder behavior (such as powder flow, triboelectrification, etc.) in support of crystallization development of API, drug Product development, troubleshooting activities and marketed product support.
- You will interact with internal stakeholders and work with them in cross-functional Chemical Development, Drug Product Development, and Analytical Development teams.
- You strengthen the group by building/expanding solid expertise in analytical techniques in the area of particle and powder characterization and relating these to product and process performance.
- You collaborate with external partners (research centers, academia) to keep track of innovations in the field of materials science and actively participate in ongoing projects.
- You will design, set up and perform experiments in the lab and will ensure integration of the results and meet project deliverables.
- PhD in Chemical (Bio)Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, Physics, or equivalent by experience with M.Sc. degree in a relevant area.
- Experience and profound knowledge in at least one of the following areas: materials characterization with focus on particle and powder properties and underlying principles, surface chemistry.
- Genuine interest in Pharmaceutical Sciences and related activities: preformulation and solid state characterization techniques.
- You have good project management skills as well as communication skills (oral and written) allowing effective interactions with all levels of the organization.
- You are a team player, able to collaborate with different departments and with colleagues from the solid state selection group.
- Fluent English (both spoken and written), willing to learn basics of Dutch language (if applicable).
This position will be based out of Beerse, Belgium.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)