Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
IT Leader - J&J Vision Care Limerick
Requisition ID: 1700214002W
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. is recruiting for an IT Sr. Manager supporting Labs, Manufacturing and Distribution/Warehousing (LMDW). This position will be located in Limerick, IE and will require up to 20% travel, domestic and international.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (JJVC) manufactures ACUVUE® brand contact lenses, the world's first soft disposable contact lens, and is headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida. JJVC is a worldwide company with operations in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Since we introduced soft disposable contact lenses in 1988, no other manufacturer has matched the aggressive expansion of our wide-ranging ACUVUE® family of products. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding the ACUVUE® brand, and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in the contact lens industry.
The LMDW IT LEADER - IT SR MGR, will have responsibility for developing and implementing an end to end strategy for next generation IT systems supporting the entire manufacturing and distribution operations for the J&J Vision Care Limerick campus. This strategy will be leveraged across the entire J&J Vision Care landscape including Jacksonville. In addition, this individual will be a part of the Consumer Medical Devices (CMD) IT Make and Quality Leadership team. The role requires active engagement and partnership with Vision Care Make Leadership to drive optimization and efficiency of our manufacturing capabilities.
The LMDW IT LEADER - IT SR MGR will be responsible for:
- Developing an end to end IT strategy encompassing all facets of the Manufacturing process that allows for agility and flexibility as new lines and manufacturing technologies are introduced.
- Responsible for governance & execution of the Make portfolio, including management of the respective budgets, for all projects related to this strategy.
- Designing and delivering flexible and scalable Supply Chain IT solutions that fulfill business needs while maximizing reuse of applications and infrastructure and supporting the Enterprise IT Operating Model.
- Consistently demonstrate knowledge seeking and sharing behaviors across IT organizational boundaries in the performance of daily work and encouraging junior associates to do the same
- Oversees technology portfolio (hardware and software), per technological level of maturity, in order to identify potential opportunities for technological investments (upgrades, migration, decommissioning). Consolidates and tracks application portfolios in order to manage TCO performance. Identifies opportunities for potential application portfolio / infrastructure synergies.
- Partnering with site LT for prioritization of LMDW site project portfolio
- Partnering with Engineering to shape the overall Make solutions
- Maximizing ROI by identifying and prioritizing the product features by business value
- Function as a technical application owner (TAO) for some of the existing technologies and applications that support this function and ensure business partners are aware of new and emerging technologies
- Strong collaboration with JJVC LMDW Jacksonville team to drive standardized processes and technologies
- Champion the change management efforts of IT initiatives with the business partner community
- Interface with suppliers and vendors to evaluate software, hardware or services and make recommendations.
- Perform analysis, design, implementation, and maintenance activities.
- Participate in the business planning activities by identifying future business demand and ensuring appropriate funding is in the business plan.
- Strong leadership, effective manager of people especially in a cross-functional environment and strong team-building skills are required
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or related technical field is required. A Master’s Degree or MBA is preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience is required.
- Strong Supply Chain domain expertise including MES, Labs, eDHR & ERP domain knowledge and implementing end to end solutions.
- Has good understanding of business value and capabilities, and able to relate priorities to associated technology investments.
- Experience developing and maturing processes and systems in a complex manufacturing or product discovery environment.
- Familiarity with Manufacturing, Quality and Regulatory processes and solutions is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to improve organizational performance through the application of original thinking to existing and emerging methods, processes, products and services is preferred. Employs sound judgment in determining how innovations will be deployed to produce a value outcome.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a matrixed team across business and technical areas is required. Ability to succeed in a matrixed environment and influence adoption of new thinking are required.
- Experience leading multiple high profile projects with demanding deadlines, changing requirements, and working with limited resources is required. Ability to estimate required effort for project objectives and prioritize work items appropriately is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Successful candidates will have knowledge of any of the following: client/server, web technologies, operating systems, networking, databases, GxP requirements, Computer Systems Validation, 21 CFR Part 11, 2000, Relational Database Concepts, Project Lifecycle Theory, Licensing, Change Management, SDLC Theory, Process Excellence.
- Considerable knowledge of healthcare, supply chain management.
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems, excellent interpersonal skills, ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Able to create context around key business drivers and strategic plan, able to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Ireland) Limited (8182)