Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Contracts Manager
Requisition ID: 1700211454W
‘Caring for the world, one person at a time’... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Janssen Pharmaceutica joined the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies in 1961. Today, Janssen Pharmaceutica is one of the most innovative pharmaceutical companies in the world. Our research and development centre develops products for a wide range of disease areas, such as mental disorders, neurological problems, infectious diseases, immunological disorders, cancer, and cardiovascular and metabolic conditions.
The Senior Contracts Manager is a role within J&J law department dedicated to support the Contracting Team within the EMEA Procurement Enterprise Business Support Structure.
- Drafting and reviewing various procurement related agreements (including master services agreements, consulting agreements, market research agreements, confidentiality agreements, research collaboration agreements, IT agreements, equipment purchase and maintenance agreements, and other agreements for the procurement of goods and services within the Commercial, R&D and/or Supply Chain functions).
- Overseeing and supporting vendor negotiations for legal contract terms and conditions in close collaboration with the J&J procurement category leader and the business
- Training the community of contract champions within the contracting COE
- Facilitating internal contract approval and escalating complex legal and factual issues to the appropriate internal parties ( e.g. Johnson & Johnson Law Department, Health Care Compliance, Privacy, Finance,…)
- Ownership of templates and clause library utilized by the team and for the process to keep templates up to date
- Providing direction and guidance related to the contracting process
- Help ensure that agreements meet business needs, comply with Johnson & Johnson policies and procedures and that legal risks have been properly identified, assessed and mitigated
- Supporting the global contracting process & technology strategy as defined through broader Enterprise Standards and Productivity initiatives
This individual will also be responsible for managing the process of keeping the various contract templates up to date. The types of contracts include (but are not limited to) master services agreements, consulting agreements, market research and outcomes research agreements, IT agreements, confidentiality agreements, HCC related agreements, R&D agreements, and other general agreements within the Commercial, R&D, and/or Supply Chain functions. The engagements will have financial impact that range from several thousand dollars to several million dollars.
Additionally, the Senior Contracts Manager will actively participate in identifying best practices and supporting process improvement initiatives in a continued effort to streamline contract related processes to improve turnaround times in support of an increasing client base. The Senior Contracts Manager will also partner with the Contracting Service Delivery managers to identify best practices, conduct training for contracting COE, perform audits, etc.
The Senior Contracts Manager will interact directly on a daily basis with other members of the Law Department, the broader Procurement community, Finance, Compliance functions, the end-user business partners (Commercial, R&D or Supply Chain, as applicable) functions and other internal business partners, as appropriate.
Other responsibilities include identifying and addressing training other commercial contracting related needs of internal business partners on an as needed basis.
- Required Minimum Education: Law degree (Belgian or French Law degree is an asset)
- Required Years of Related Experience: 4 years
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Uncompromised requirements for the role):
- Experience in commercial contracting, preferably in the healthcare industry.
- Significant commercial contract work experience at a law firm and/or equivalent in-house experience.
- Strong team working skills - relationship management, interpersonal, communication (both written and spoken), negotiation and organizational skills.
- Strong business and analytical skills - problem solving ability.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to work well in matrix cross functional, virtual teams in an international context.
- Capable of drafting contract terms and conditions in English & French, attention to detail, reviewing contracts for conformity to policies and identifying and assessing risks.
- Travel on the Job
- 10% of travel required:
- International (EMEA region)
- Preferred location: Belgium
- Preferred Related Industry Experience: Significant transactional experience at a law firm or in-house.
- Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Current attorney license in appropriate jurisdiction
- Experience in contract drafting and negotiations for IT agreements is an asset
- Experience in automated, process driven (contracting) environments is a plus
- Other language skills are a bonus.
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Czech Republic-Prague-Prague, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium-Brussels-Capital Region-Diegem, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)
Legal (Non Attorney)