Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Global medical affairs leader. Public health
Requisition ID: 1700210279W
Johnson & Johnson Global Public Health (J&JGPH) is hiring a Global Medical Affair Leader (Senior Director) – Mental Health based in Europe.
J&JGPH is an enterprise organization with integrated R&D, global access and operations / execution functions focused on driving health impact against TB.HIV, Mental Health & Soil Transmitted Helminths in resource limited settings.
- The Global Medical Affairs Leader (GMAL) is responsible for supporting the development and execution of integrated data generation strategies and plans supporting our disease area strategies in Mental Health, and focused on schizophrenia in particular access to long acting injectables.
- The GMAL for Mental Health will be an integral member of the disease area team led by a disease area leader reporting to the VP of global program strategy, outcomes & impact assessment and health systems policy for J&JGPH.
- The GMAL will work closely with functional partners inside J&JGPH and GMALs within the neuroscience therapeutic area to lead the medical-access optimization of assigned products
- The GMAL will be responsible for development of the global medical affairs plans that address prioritized regional needs/data gaps, and which support a differentiated product profile to optimize market access and utilization
- In addition, the GMAL will be accountable for the global publications plans, global opinion leader relations, global medical education (including symposia, speaker training) and global advisory boards supporting our mental health strategies
- The GMAL in collaboration with other GMALs in J&JGPH will work to ensure functional competencies and best practices are shared and optimized
- Develop global medical affairs strategy and plans for the disease area on data gaps and prioritized needs and supported by Real World Evidence as well as other relevant data generation strategies.
- Working with the disease area team as well as colleagues across J&JGPH and global and regional commercial partners to ensure integrated planning to support a differentiated Target Product Profile and compelling value proposition.
- Provide consolidated input with a single Medical Affairs voice into value creation strategies.
- Responsible for medical activities including product/disease area global advisory boards, medical symposia and congress activities, in collaboration with functional leads of regional activity in these areas as required and agreed by the J&JGPH senior leadership team in approved disease area strategies
- Collaborate closely with other medical affairs representatives to develop complimentary and leveraged medical affairs strategies and plans and maintain open, two-way communication to ensure the other medical affairs teams are up to date on disease knowledge and emerging data (including data on competitive programs) from activities in resource limited settings.
- Synchronize input and output of the Med Affairs plan with the strategic and business plan calendars. Lead global publications planning process oversight (with vendor support) including manuscripts, abstracts, posters and papers as well as pre-launch global KOL communications & speaker development.
- Review of manuscripts to ensure alignment with strategy and effective communication/presentation in internal and external audiences (eg. Symposia).
- The GMAL is responsible for review and approval of proposed data generation activities within the mental health disease area.
- Responsible to ensure all global activities follow J&J Compliance principles, eg. Health Care Compliance, etc.
- This position requires a minimum of an MD or PhD degree, with a specialty in psychiatry or neurology preferred
- A minimum of 6 or more years of combined relevant experience in a clinical research environment, scientific function in the pharmaceutical industry is required.
- Prior experience in resource limited settings preferred
- Knowledge of neurology or psychiatry products, both J&J and competitors, is required.
- A demonstrated track record leading highly matrixed, cross-functional work is required.
- A demonstrated track record of success within Medical Affairs and/or clinical R&D required.
- Global mindset and direct experience in multiple markets, proven ability to partner cross culturally/regionally is preferred as well as in-depth knowledge of study methodology, data reviews and analysis.
- a successful candidate should have excellent knowledge of medical affairs study and lifecycle management.
- Proven ability to act as a medical spokesperson with strong communication skills for external audiences is required.
- Also required is strong experience developing and managing strategic relationships with medical experts/opinion leaders.
- A minimum of 30% international travel is required.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)