Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Scientific Operational Manager Infectious Diseases
Requisition ID: 1700206162W
Janssen ID&V Therapeutic Area is looking for a highly motivated Scientific Operational Manager with a high interest in scientific operational management in a drug discovery environment, extensive experience in a team or group leader role, as well as a strong interest and background in infectious diseases to join our team in Beerse.
The successful candidate will:
- Manage and act as the primary point of contact for scientific operational aspects in the Infectious Diseases discovery team in Beerse ensuring compliance with respect to equipment & lab facilities, safety and data integrity.
- Coordinate and lead a small team of scientists to ensure development, validation and implementation of cell-based assays to support high throughput screening campaigns and profiling activities.
- Review experimental data and reports regarding scientific content and data quality.
- Identify and develop innovative approaches with respect to novel technology platforms.
- Significantly contribute to the work of a multi-disciplinary community of scientists, supporting the development of new therapeutics and communicate results to project team members.
- Advise the leadership team and wider management on the business needs, issues and emerging trends.
The successful candidate has / will
- Strong expertise and interest in Infectious Diseases.
- Strong expertise and interest in managing and coordinating operational scientific aspects.
- A good understanding of the operational processes in a drug discovery environment related to lab facilities, equipment, safety and data management.
- Good knowledge of platforms and applications for the analysis, visualization, validation and management of screening and profiling data from in vitro biological assay technologies.
- Ability to provide leadership, superior organizational skills, and change management.
- Proven track record of managing a team of people.
- Ability to promote and consolidate interactions with other functions.
- Knowledge in infectious diseases cell-based assay development.
- Proven track record of leading assay development projects involving cross-functional teams and independently design and execute project goals in alignment with established project teams, program strategies and timelines.
- Be familiar with the use of automation and HTS instrumentation.
- Maintain a cutting-edge awareness of technical developments and scientific knowledge, and apply these where possible to improve performance.
- Experience in working with external collaborators in industry or academia.
- Applicant should hold a Ph. D. degree (or equivalent) in life sciences, preferably in cellular biology / virology / molecular biology with 4 or more years of productive experience in a high-quality academic, biotech or pharmaceutical environment, or a minimum of 15 years of experience performing progressively advanced duties beyond a B. Sc. Degree.
- Personal skills:
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage several cross-functional projects simultaneously and to work cross-functionally in a high collaborative team environment.
- Strong leadership skills that inspire team confidence and respect while motivating team members in a creative and effective manner.
- Outstanding interpersonal and social skills to effectively work with all levels of staff and to interact with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to rapidly learn and apply techniques and strive for technical perfection.
- Flexibility (tolerate changes in priorities/directions).
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency (self-motivation), and adhere to timelines.
- Detail-oriented, with excellent record-keeping skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to effectively present scientific data and concepts to international standards.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)