Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Maintenance Engineer U&B
Requisition ID: 1700201839W
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention B.V. is a global biotech company which is part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies. Within this family the company focuses on the development, production and marketing of vaccines and antibodies to prevent and combat infectious diseases. At the Leiden Site, talented and multi-scaled people are working in a dynamic culture in which innovation and a 'can do' state of mind are the central points. In order to strengthen our team we are continuously looking for enthusiastic, talented people who have the ambition to develop themselves and can be of value to the company.
For our Engineering, Validation & Maintenance (EVM) department we are currently seeking for a fulltime;
Maintenance Engineer utilities & buildings (m/f)
The Engineering-Validation-Maintenance (EVM) department (> 30 persons) is a young, motivated and dynamic team responsible for the technical support of all utilities, production and laboratory areas and all involved equipment on the Janssen Vaccines & Prevention site Leiden.
We work in a challenging environment where we make great progress in commercializing our vaccines. Engineering has a large project portfolio to improve the existing environment. The Validation group looks after the correct qualification and validation status of GMP critical equipment and processes. The key-focus point of the maintenance group is asset maintenance management of all assets within JVP.
As a maintenance engineer UB (utilities & buildings) you will deploy and coordinate utility and facility maintenance to ensure compliance with Good Maintenance and Manufacturing Practices. You will conduct preventive-, corrective- and replacement maintenance on the UB systems that are assigned to your responsible area. The technical focus area will be primarily mechanical and electrical as well control systems like PLC, SCADA and BMS systems.
You will be part of a multidisciplinary team of maintenance/engineering specialists in which you will;
- Play a key role during the yearly maintenance shutdown period in which our GMP production facilities is handed over to EVM for extensive maintenance. You will be (sub)-lead for preparation, execution and finalization of this operation.
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert for a number of UB systems.
- Be leading the energy reduction program within Janssen Vaccines to achieve the 2020 goal (20% CO2 reduction)
- Be leading and supporting improvement and modification projects within the engineering department.
- Interact with peer functions in related support departments like; Operations, Automation, Process Engineering, Quality Assurance to assure efficient and reliable technical support to our customers.
- Be joining the EVM 24/7 support team which means that on a regular base (~once every 6 weeks) you will have to be available for first line trouble shooting outside normal office hours.
- Deploy and coordinate utility and facility maintenance to ensure compliance with Good Maintenance and Manufacturing Practices.
- Functions as the UB expert in our multi-disciplinary team and as UB SME during external inspections or audits.
- First/second line troubleshooting in case of technical problems.
- Planning and coordination of preventive, corrective and replacement maintenance activities.
- Lead the energy reduction program
- Spare part control and availability.
- Preparation, organization and coordination of yearly maintenance/calibration shutdown activities.
- Handling of compliance records (Change controls, Events, CAPA, Deviations).
- Handling of maintenance & calibration and requalification documentation in a GMP environment
- Represent maintenance/engineering in projects.
- Support continuous improvement projects within EVM department (e.g. ME2).
- Perform RCM on UB systems
- Member of the 24/7 support team.
- Lead/support improvement and modification projects on UB systems.
- Perform the SME role on the assigned UB systems.
- Skills in troubleshooting & problem analyses, working with maintenance management programs.
- Experience in a maintenance organization preferably in biotechnology/pharmaceutical/process industry environment.
- Knowledge of utility systems like HVAC, water treatment, steam, Compressed Air and pharma-finish of clean rooms and laboratories
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and industry guidelines specific for the pharmaceutical industry and maintenance & Engineering scope (e.g., GMP, RCM, NEN3140, VCA,CE, etc.. )
- Knowledge of sustainable solutions to be able to reduce CO2 production
- Affinity with Project management.
- You have a minimum of 2-4 years work experience as Maintenance Engineer.
- You are a good communicator in the Dutch and English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Quality oriented & critical Mind-set
- Good analytical skills
- Problem solving oriented
- Planning & Organizing
- Strong team player
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention BV (8852)