Johnson & Johnson Careers
Customer Value Manager Oncology
Requisition ID: 1700201074W
You are responsible for orchestrating the optimal customer approach using all available channels aligned with tactical and execution plan and agreed targets.
You are responsible for the successful commercial execution of the predefined sales plan and achieving the sales targets and market development objectives within his region for the brands within his product line.
You are responsible for a continuous research and evaluation of regional customer needs and is responsible for the Bottom-Up communication to challenge the Top-Down proposition.
Place in the organization
The Customer Value Manager reports to the National Stakeholder Director (NSD).
Tasks and responsibilities
- Strong People Management Skills including Training & Coaching of own reports:
- Leads customer-facing teams: Define clear objectives for reports and conduct consistent performance review to deliver business plan targets;
- Responsible for proper training and development and coaching of reports;
- Observe performance of reports in regular double visits and coach them to continually improve their performance in key competence areas (selling expertise, entrepreneurship, mastering complexity, accountability, product/procedure expertise);
- Role Model in Key Customer focus and management:
- Leverages own network of key stakeholders;
- Develops a network of customer relationships and implements the sales plan to deliver the brand value proposition locally;
- Is responsible for the implementation of customer-specific, innovative and value-added initiatives to deliver customer needs;
- Responsible for orchestrating the optimal customer approach using all available channels aligned with tactical and execution plan and agreed targets;
- Strong Skills in Selling and Executional Excellence:
- Responsible for successful commercial execution of predefined sales plan and achieving the sales targets and market development objectives;
- Facilitates, supports and manages the operational CF-execution plans with actions per stakeholder/account (=account plans);
- Provide adequate support & guidance for the execution of account and product plans through (multi-channel) PoA;
- Focus sales teams on defined key messages and goals;
- Strong Skills in Sales analysis & Monitoring own region:
- Analyses continuously the sales dynamic of the territories to identify opportunities or threats and challenge the action plans on the field;
- Monitors execution of predefined Medical Plan metrics of Medical Manager/Medical Advisor and follow up and follow through with MSL to optimize impact in the region;
- Enable your reports to do the Sales Analysis themselves;
- Strong ability to get Competitive Insights about the region:
- Continuous research and evaluation of regional customer needs and Bottom-Up communication towards TVM people;
- Provides regular customer, commercial and use of material insights to the CVT;
- Shows strong Internal Leadership on all levels of the organization (informal lead):
- Understands the local networks in the organization and acts on it to get things done;
- Role model for collaboration in matrix-organization and shows “one-team approach”-attitude.
- Selects, develops, and retains quality people. Conduct annual performance reviews with direct reports (Product Specialists) to help support the creation of a diverse, high performing Benelux Commercial Strategy & Execution organization;
- Makes sure that all stakeholder interactions are aligned and in-sync with each other;
- Responsible for proper training and development and coaching of Product Specialists;
- Collaborates closely together with the SFE & Training Manager Benelux to get their reports on the highest level of effectiveness and needed competences;
- Is an inspirational leader applying networking and collaboration competencies across the teams. Ensures Credo Values are demonstrated in the day to day interactions of the regional team;
- Is responsible for sharing best practices in term of processes, deliverables, and approaches.
A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in business or life sciences;
Preferred a minimum of 3 years’ successful experience in Pharmaceutical sales;
Fluent in English; for the Netherlands, also fluent in Dutch;
Must exhibit behaviours aligned to the J&J Global Leadership Profile including but not limited to: integrity-credo based actions, collaboration and teamwork, sense of urgency, results driven and people development
This position requires significant presence in the field, with own reports and stakeholders
Strong People Management Skills including Training & Coaching of own reports:
Managerial experience preferred;
People manager, ability to train & coach sales team (motivating, inspiring);
Training and coaching in defined areas (Field Coach);
Role Model in Key Customer focus and management:
Understands the health care system, structure, market dynamics and customer; decision processes in his region for his product line;
Understands the local networks (externally);
Demonstrated ability to work closely with external stakeholders is required, previous experience is preferred;
Strong Skills in Selling and Executional Excellence:
Demonstrated business acumen and progressive business experience (a good business sense);
Excellent communicative skills;
Adaptability, self-organizing and developing in new role;
Validation of bonus;
Strong Skills in Sales analysis & Monitoring own region:
Development of activity plans;
Strong ability to get Competitive Insights about the region:
Role model for customer focus and entrepreneurial thinking including new/smart selling concepts;
Shows strong Internal Leadership on all levels of the organization (informal lead):
Understands the local networks (internally);
Role model for collaboration (one-team approach);
Demonstrated ability to work closely with internal stakeholders is required, previous experience is preferred.
What’s in it for you…?
“Caring for the world, one person at a time…”
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.
Janssen-Cilag Netherlands (8345)
Marketing & Sales