Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Graduate Automation Engineer (Software)
Requisition ID: 1700200381W
At the EMEA Development Centre we develop, design and deliver high quality business applications, software solutions and services to meet J&J business technology requirements. The offices are newly designed, specifically to accommodate Scrum development and are based on the University of Limerick Campus. It is an open and highly collaborative environment based on LEAN principles with a strong emphasis on continuous integration, automated testing and continuous delivery. Scrum teams are encouraged to be self-organising and autonomous.
The successful candidate will develop automation as part of an Agile Scrum team. Other responsibilities include:
- Automation and Continuous development of J&J’s systems across brands and software delivery channels.
- Support and extend Continuous Integration Automation environment
Key Skills and Competencies required:
- Good Knowledge of mainstream programming language: Java, C++, C#
- Knowledge of scripting languages is a plus: Python, VBScript, Shell, and Ruby.
- Solid understanding of OOP. Solving problems efficiently and quickly.
- Understanding of Database concepts, good programming practices, root causing issues.
- Understanding of TDD and BDD concepts.
- Experience with multiple OS: Windows, Linux, iOS. Able to execute UNIX command line utilities.
- Good command over Microsoft Office Suite of tools
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability self-motivate and operate independently
- Customer focused
- Innovative and quick thinking
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
About the Johnson & Johnson Graduate Programme
The Graduate Programme is a collaborative programme across all Johnson & Johnson Campus Ireland Sites (Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, DePuy, Janssen Sciences, Janssen Pharmaceutical Sciences, EMEA Development Centre, Johnson & Johnson Medical and Consumer Divisions)
The Successful Candidate will receive:
- An opportunity to develop relevant technical skills within their area of expertise
- Cross functional exposure both on site and within Campus Ireland
- Regular one to ones and feedback from programme manager
- Personal development and effectiveness training
- Skills development in influencing & communication
- Project and Project Management experience
- Introduction to new and innovative technologies
- Exposure to Senior Management Team
Please note this is a 23-month programme starting in September 2018
Education and Experience:
- Recent Graduate (2017 or due to graduate in 2018). Must hold a minimum of a third-level degree in a BSc. or Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Capable of working within a project team to achieve results
Janssen Pharmaceutical Ltd. (8170)