Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 1700199913W
Position Title: Automation/Software Engineer
Report to: Engineering Team Lead
Location: Limerick, Ireland
Global Compensation Framework Band Number: 25
Vistakon Ireland is located in Limerick and produces the Acuvue range of contact lenses which is the leading contact lens product in the world. Our Limerick site uses the most advanced technology in the industry and we now employ over 900 people directly. Using our highly automated production process, we produce daily disposable contact lenses while utilizing state of the art technologies such as injection moulding, robotics, vision systems and sterilisation systems.
Vistakon Ireland was established in 1995 in the National Technology Park close to the University of Limerick. The facility was originally fitted with six advanced production lines to manufacture one daily disposable contact lens for the European and Japanese markets. Since then we have expanded a number of times and now have over 31 production lines manufacturing one-day, fortnightly, monthly and colour contact lenses which are shipped worldwide.
Each year, we have increased output because of the increase demand for our Acuvue lenses throughout the world Continued expansion of our product lines and extensive engineering and retrofit projects ensure that this growth is sustained well into the future.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Develop, test and install PLC and control software as part of a highly automated, complex, high volume 24/7 validated production environment
• Develop Functional and Detailed Design Specifications from User Requirement Specifications
• Develop high quality right first time PLC and HMI code development strategy from Functional and Detailed Design Specifications
• Adopt responsibility for the project management of control systems and software based projects across a cross functional multidiscipline team environment.
• Participates on and lead projects, provide technical support and make informed decisions on hardware and architecture selection.
• Monitor and analyze opportunities for the development of new or improved tools for process improvement activities.
• Identify and lead cost and technical improvements under the departments’ continuous improvement program.
• Fault-find complex automation equipment
• Maintain comprehensive documentation of code to Medical Device standards
• Prioritize multiple tasks while working to tight schedules
Key Skills and Competencies required:
• Actively participate among cross-functional teams to ensure projects are delivered on time and to required quality standards.
• Develop, debug and validate Control System software programs
• Analyse, understand, fault-find and modify software programs written by other developers
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to organize, plan and execute multiple tasks to tight schedules
• Highly motivated self-starter
• Ability to document own work clearly and precisely
• Excellent communication skills
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent degree
• 5/6 years experience working with automated control systems
• Strong PLC background in Siemens S7, APT, Allen Bradley ControlLogix 5000, Pilz Safety PLCs and Wonderware Intouch/ArchestrA HMI software
• Additional knowledge of printer systems, vision systems, robotics, Laser control systems, motion control systems, BCR and RFID systems would be beneficial
• Accustomed to working in a high volume manufacturing validated environment with strong discipline with regard to change control.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Ireland) Limited (8182)