Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Director, Digital Manufacturing Technology Centre
Requisition ID: 1700194493W
Digital Manufacturing Technology Centre Director
Location University of Limerick, Ireland.
About the J&J ACoE and the Digital Manufacturing Technology Centre/Lab
The Automation Centre of Excellence (ACoE) is a major component of J&Js Manufacturing Engineering Science and Technologies group within J&J Supply Chain. The role of ACoE is to develop world class automation solutions and provide world class automation expertise to J&J’s core business sectors of pharmaceuticals, medical device and consumer goods. The scope of ACoE spans the scouting of new to world automation and cyber-physical Industry 4.0 technologies and partners, accelerating the development and demonstration of these technologies and associated capabilities, developing world class automation solutions, providing technical expertise, supporting technology transfer and delivering benefit through a portfolio of deployment projects across the world. ACoE is an organization of 30-50 permanent and contracted resource encompassing primarily software, mechanical, design, development and project engineering disciplines. The Digital Manufacturing Technology Labs (Labs) are a highly innovative environment with flexible team consisting of designated resources, shared ACoE resources and international resources based on specifc projects. The scope of the Labs is to showcase new to world automation and cyber-physical industry 4.0 technologies and to create and demonstrate new integrated solutions. A designated centre area will be created in Limerick where J&J employees, contractors and vendors work together to develop world class solutions and standards.
Job description and responsibilities
The Lab Director will be responsible for collaborating with ACoE leadership to develop, integrate, and demonstrate new to world automation and cyber-physical industry 4.0 technologies within the Lab as well as manage the effective and efficient running of the Lab itself.
• Filter technology and coordinate the development activities at the Lab location in Limerick
• Initiating, controlling and monitoring Lab development and demonstration projects
• Manage the integration of technologies to be ready for project deployment
• Advise and control the standardization of technologies and implementations
• Coordinate development activities in collaboration with other stakeholders worldwide
• Shape and co-ordinate technology training and showcasing to a network of J&J Supply Chain and Sector stakeholders
• Manage day to day Lab operations including resource, finance and benfit, communication, operational execution.
• Managing and coaching the Lab associates
• Planning, allocation, integration and coordination of flexible teams consisting of permanent and contracted resource as well as vendors and institutes
Finance and benefit management
• Co-ordinate the development, control, and report of Lab activities, project and operations capex and opex budgets, asset inventory, and benefits
• Drive clear and regular communications within the Labs, to ACoE, to other CoEs and Labs, with partners, J&J segments as required, and with associated institutes, universities and partners
Linking strategy to execution
• Be involved in understanding and contributing to the development of strategic plans for the Lab to develop and manage delivery against operational execution plans.
• While based in Limerick, travel to other international locations as required, such as other CoEs, other international Labs, project locations, and partner locations
A successful Lab Director will be able to demonstrate the following personal attributes:
• Strong in team work, collaboration and co-ordination
• Able to demonstrate good business and technicial acumen
• Able to think creatively, solve problems and connect the dots
• Confident with decision-making, leadership and delegation
• Driven to deliver, execute and get work done
• Well structured, logical and clear with communications
• Able to build strong relationships and manage a complex network of stakeholders
• Structured with planning and organization
• Flexible, adaptable and comfortable managing with uncertainty
Experience and education
You will be able to demonstrate a career progression with increasing responsibilities in the field of engineering, technology and labs/technology centre management. The requirements are:
• Educated to degree level, qualified with a 2:1 or equivalent in a relevant engineering or technology degree
• Industry experience ideally within Pharmaceuticals, Medical Device, Consumer Goods or a related manufacturing engineering related sector
• Technology integration and demonstration experience with the expertise and working knowledge of the engineering and technology disciplines represented in ACoE, ideally with a strong focus on new to world and Industry 4.0 technologies
• Track record of working in technology innovation
• Experience of technology centre or lab management
• International leadership and intercultural experience
We have a passion and reputation for working with world class automation and Industry 4.0 technology solutions. If you share this passion, and can demonstrate the necessary ability and experience to help us further our reputation you should apply.
Nothing is more important than the health and well-being of those we love.That’s why the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies for more than 125 years has committed itself to caring for people. This commitment—a legacy of our founders and a very real motivating force among our employees—is embodied in Our Credo, which speaks to “our first responsibility” to the doctors, nurses, patients, the mothers and fathers and all who use our products. In today’s highly competitive global marketplace, it is also essential that we focus on the critical drivers of our future growth: to create value through innovation, to extend our global reach, with local focus, to execute with excellence in everything we do and to inspire leadership with purpose among the people who carry on the Johnson & Johnson legacy. By caring, one person at a time, we aspire to help billions of people live longer, healthier, happier lives. There is no company better positioned to achieve this aspiration than Johnson & Johnson. We embrace innovation—bringing ideas, products and services to life to advance the health and well-being of people around the world. We believe in collaboration, and that has led to breakthrough after breakthrough, from medical miracles that have changed lives, to the simple consumer products that make every day a little better. Our over 125,000 employees in 60 countries are united in a common mission: To help people everywhere live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Ireland) Limited (8182)