Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Public Affairs Manager Netherlands/EMEA
Requisition ID: 1700179078W
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Public Affairs and Communications Manager develops and implements external affairs plans that support the business objectives of Janssen in the Netherlands and EMEA and position the company as a thought leader. He/she closely monitors new developments in the healthcare sector and knows how to influence others with shared interests and demonstrates well developed knowledge of best communication practices and standards. This includes understanding of stakeholder management, executing internal and external communication activities, providing communication counsel, and developing tools in collaboration with local, regional and global communication colleagues.
RESPONSIBILITIES/PRINCIPAL DUTIES (Essential Functions)
Build stakeholder trust and advocacy
Focus the Netherlands
- Implement advocacy initiatives that position Janssen in the external environment as the innovative pharmaceutical thought leader and contribute to a better understanding and reputation of the pharmaceutical industry and Janssen in particular.
- Map the relevant stakeholders in life sciences, universities and knowledge institutes to implement value adding projects.
- Identify opportunities to collaborate in public/private partnerships and drive these partnerships.
- Represent Janssen in multistakeholder platforms.
- Implement efficient horizon scanning that helps to maintain stakeholder trust by ensuring that the team proactively identifies potential issues, and develops strong issues-management plans and strategies.
- Actively support the Janssen Health Policy Center activities with the implementation of its output in Operating Companies, cross-functions and with the COMPACT team.
- Support specified projects of the Health Policy Center, on request.
- Enhance internal as well as external stakeholder engagement by creating and maintaining a regional stakeholder map and regional process and framework to define the priority list of stakeholders to engage with in order to enhance business and enterprise reputation.
- Monitor policy and regulatory developments and assure that these are captured internally in close collaboration with Government Affairs.
Partner closely with the (Communication and Public Affairs) colleagues on the Leiden and Beerse Campus to support the common Benelux Campus strategy to build and maintain trust & reputation with external stakeholders.
Collaboration and business advisor
Focus the Netherlands
- Serve as a trusted advisor and counsel to senior business leaders and other key stakeholders by listening, understanding, and providing credible expertise, relevant insight, and transparent feedback.
- Closely collaborate with other business functions; budget planning, monitoring and control.
- Drive business outcomes by bringing a measurement approach to Public Affairs practices, and provide insights that drive confidence, integration and alignment within the OpCo, and with the EMEA PA team and global network.
Build a high-performing, continuously improving GCPA function
- Participate with a One Team mindset to unify, collaborate and drive for best outcomes; collaborate across EMEA teams; facilitate sharing of best practices, common processes and procedures and consistency among all GCPA colleagues in the countries.
- Collaborate and actively contribute in in international dedicated teams on behalf of the Benelux team.
- Liaise closely with Communications & Public Affairs colleagues in the Benelux and Patient Access and Governmental affairs in the Netherlands.
- Education and/or additional training: Master´s Degree required
- At least 7 years’ experience in (pharmaceutical) Public Affairs, either in-house or within an agency/consultancy
- High level of understanding of local legal and HCBI regulations and J&J Health Care Compliance
- Strong technical competencies relevant to Public Affiars, including issues management
- Flexibility and agility in managing proactive and reactive workloads
- Strong influencing and networking skills
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in benchmarking results and setting appropriate evaluation metrics
- Experience in agency and budget management
- Experience working collaboratively in a matrix and/or global organization
- Results-driven with a focus on delivery to tight timelines
- Fluency in English
Required Leadership Competencies
- Live Our Credo – Serves as a role model for making Credo-based decisions; supports and influences creation for a trusting, collaborative and ethical work environment; maintains highest standards of ethics, quality, compliance and accountability.
- Connect – Cultivates meaningful external relationships and partnerships outside of J&J, adding value and insights for the enterprise; insight-driven to proactively uncover critical unmet needs and turn them into new opportunities. Forges internal collaboration across the enterprise.
- Shape – Translates insights into innovative and viable products or solutions, creating value; challenges the status quo and leads change management activities, creating positive change; takes and properly manages risks, while maintaining the highest standards of quality and compliance, contributing to value creation
- Lead - Takes ownership for talent acquisition, performance and development in a way that enhances the performance and development of self and others; maximizes and leverages diverse perspectives, backgrounds and talent to generate innovative ideas or solutions to address organizational challenges; engages in and encourages others to have transparent and constructive conversations, contributing to a high-performing organization
- Deliver - empowers people to act with speed, agility, and accountability, enabling them to achieve organizational goals and strategies; makes decisions and takes actions based on a global and enterprise-wide mindset that adds value across the enterprise; balances short- and long-term strategic choices, positions the organization to achieve both short-term and expected future results
What’s in it for you…?
“Caring for the world, one person at a time…”
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.
Janssen-Cilag Netherlands (8345)