Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Java Developer
Requisition ID: 1700173371W
The Opportunity : Senior Java Developer
The Johnson and Johnson, EMEA Development Centre, are currently seeking a Senior Java Developer to join our team. We develop, design and deliver high quality business applications, software solutions and services to meet J&J business technology requirements. The offices are newly designed, specifically to accommodate Scrum development and are based on the University of Limerick Campus. It is an open and highly collaborative environment based on LEAN principles with a strong emphasis on continuous integration, automated testing and continuous delivery. Scrum teams are encouraged to be self-organising and autonomous.
- Playing a lead role in software design, architecture, requirements analysis, investigation of leading edge technologies, and software development.
- Collaborating with the core development team and the product owner to define and estimate business requirements and then translate these into specific software tasks.
- Collaborate as a member of an agile team to get products developed and completed with best in class software development.
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications developed
- 7+ years’ experience of development using Java.
- Understanding of the class loading process and how class loaders work.
- Experience using multiple threads both correctly and understands concurrency library.
- Knowledge and understanding of garbage collection.
- Understanding of design patterns such as Singleton, Factory, Fly-weight, Builder, Object Pool, Iterator, Strategy, Visitor, Composite.
- Familiar with Spring Framework 4, Spring Data, Spring Integration, Spring Batch, Spring XD.
- Solid understanding of object mappings: XML, JSON, CSV, Hibernate.
- Experience with application servers such as Weblogic.
- Solid understanding of the following: JIRA, GIT, Jenkins, Eclipse, Maven, Junit.
- Experience with RDBMS, SQL, NoSQL, JDBC, ODBC, Data modelling, UML.
- Knowledge and experience with Gemfire, IMDG, Big Data, Hadoop and Spark.
- Possess a basic understanding of agile development methodologies, specifically Scrum and Kanban.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
- BSc. or Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Solid understanding of information management, data modeling, system integration, development methodologies (including unit testing) and web technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to work effectively with teams.
- Strong analytical skills and a demonstrable bias toward action.
Janssen Pharmaceutical Ltd. (8170)