Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Postdoctoral Scientist, Translational Biomarkers HBV
Requisition ID: 1700163629W
The Infectious Diseases therapeutic area of Janssen R&D is pioneering new treatment paradigms for hepatitis B (HBV), and has several assets at different stages of discovery research and early clinical development. These involve agents acting directly on the life cycle of the virus or agents revamping the host immune response to the chronic infection.
The Infectious Diseases Translational Biomarkers department is currently seeking a highly motivated candidate for a 3-year postdoctoral position to strengthen the team that is investigating samples from chronically HBV-infected patients using state-of-the-art high-dimensional (omics) readout methodologies, in the search for improved insights in mechanisms of response and/or novel biomarkers.
The research of the postdoctoral scientist will focus primarily on HBV patient samples collected during observational studies or from academic collaborations. Special emphasis will be on the analysis of liver tissue samples, with focus - up to single cell level - on both hepatocytes as well as local components of the immune system. An extensive exploratory analysis approach, involving a diversity of high-dimensional experimental assays at various levels (DNA, RNA, protein, ..) will be required for the identification of critical biomarkers associated with effective long-term control or cure of the HBV infection. This may also require the implementation and/or optimization of novel laboratory methodologies.
The candidate will combine hands-on laboratory work with data analysis of various omics methodologies. Thereto, he/she will work in close collaboration with the other scientists and laboratory staff of the translational biomarkers, translational medicine, discovery sciences and quantitative sciences teams. The candidate will also have the opportunity to interact with external collaborators (academic and others) involved in these studies.
It is expected that the outcome of this work will lead to high-quality publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- PhD in Bioengineering, Medical Sciences, Biology or related field.
- Hands-on experience with tissue analysis methodologies (eg, immunohistochemistry); experience with cell capturing methodologies is an advantage.
- Basic knowledge of immunological sciences
- Experience with one or more high-dimensional omics platforms (eg, microarrays, next-generation sequencing, ..)
- Experience or insights into computational tools required for the analysis of omics data and associated statistical approaches.
- Enthusiastic personality who is keen to expand his/her scientific expertise gained during PhD research, and who enjoys a balanced combination of hands-on laboratory work and advanced data analysis.
- Good communication, reporting and team working skills. Able to effectively report (publications) and present scientific data and concepts according to standards of the scientific community (internal and external scientific meetings).
- Intrigued to gain experience on working in a big pharma research environment.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)