Johnson & Johnson Careers
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 1692190808
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Scientist in Discovery Immunology, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information. Janssen Immunology focuses on improving the health and lifestyles of people with serious immunological and inflammatory conditions worldwide and has a leading portfolio of medicines for the treatment of diseases in rheumatology, dermatology and gastroenterology.
We are seeking a Senior Scientist within the Tissue Inflammation group in Immunology Discovery to shape and execute pre-clinical in vivo strategies for the advancement of drug discovery and development programs across the Immunology portfolio. Responsibilities are as follows:
- Design, perform and interpret in vivo experiments to support drug discovery and development activities including target identification and validation, mechanism of action studies, evaluation of combination therapies and development of PK/PD models
- Work closely with colleagues from partner organizations, biomarkers and early development to progress clinical candidates into early clinical development
- Contribute to relevant sections of discovery reports and regulatory documents
- Represent the company at external meetings and work with leadership to seek out and develop strategic partnerships and collaborations
- PhD in Immunology/Pharmacology/Cell Biology or related discipline with at least 3-5 years relevant postdoctoral experience is required
- Pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred
- Validated ability to develop, run and interpret data from mouse models of inflammation is required; experience in isolating and profiling cells from relevant tissues including skin and gut is preferred
- Broad experience in mechanism-based PK/PD models is preferred
- Experience in biologics and/or small molecule drug development is preferred
- Previous supervisory experience of PhD level and non-PhD-level scientists is preferred
- Strong oral, written and fit-for-purpose communication skills are required
- Ability to work well in a highly matrixed, collaborative environment is required
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)