Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Analyst, Medical Device Quality & Compliance Business Management
Requisition ID: 1686180910
Ethicon, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Analyst, Medical Device Quality & Compliance Business Management can be located in any J&J location in the US.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and electiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
You, the Senior Analyst, Medical Device Quality & Compliance Business Management will be accountable for management of the short and long-term Business plan across Medical Devices Quality (Franchises, Functions, and Total MD). You will partner with Finance to support the Long Range Financial Planning process for the Franchises/Functions and the MD Q&C roll-up. You will partner with Finance to deliver the annual Business Plans for the Franchises and Functions and integrate into one MD Q&C Business Plan. You will track the changes to the Long Range Financial Plan, Business Plan and Headcount reporting that result from the MD Q&C operating model and Supply Chain transformation. Assist in compiling presentations to Chief Quality Officer and Leadership Teams, to maintain the LRFP and Business Planning cycles used to inform and influence business activities throughout the year. Report outcomes measures by which we will monitor the progress of achieving the long range and annual business plans, in alignment with the Strategic Plan.
Major Duties/Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Operationalize the MD, Franchise, Function LRFP, BPs
- Aggregate and report Q&C scorecard (Q&C Index) by which Q&C will monitor progress to deliver the MD, Franchise and Functional LRFPs and BPs to achieve benchmark targets
- Monitor process for monitoring and approving open headcount for Franchises and Functions and report status and impact to LRFP and annual Business Plans
- Report on HC (including FTE’s, Contractors, Temps, etc.). Report Open HC and track progress against plan.
- Track changes to the Long Range Financial Plan, Business Plan and all Headcount reporting that result from the MD Q&C operating model and Supply Chain transformation.
- Track and monitor all budgetary elements for Strategy & Deployment budget
- Partner with Finance to aggregate and deliver the Quarterly Financial review for MD Q&C and S&D
- Monitor, update and report on Discretionary Spending, Capital Spending, and Cost Improvement Opportunities.
- Provide visibility on our major CAR savings tracking systems, as applicable
- Support the establishment the MD, Franchise, Function LRFP, BPs
- Support MD Q&C leaders to establish the Q&C Long Range Financial Plan and Business Plans for the Franchises, Functions and for MD as an output of the Strategic Plans
- Track J&J allocations impacting MD Q&C
- Report on key performance indicators that are aligned to benchmark targets
- Partner to enable communication and understanding of Long Range Financial Plan and Business Plans
- Adhoc Analysis
- Perform analyses associated with HC, Cost of Quality Projects/Programs, Cost Improvement Initiatives, Capital Projects, and other scenario planning activities associated with Quality and/or Supply Chain.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of related professional work experience is required.
- A visionary, strategic thinker with superior capability to translate strategy into financial forecasts and business plans preferred.
- Strong MS excel capabilities are required.
- Experience establishing and implementing long range financial plans and annual business plans for departments is required.
- Experience in leading organizations through cost optimization activities and providing guidance on opportunities is an asset.
- Ability to analyze and translate financial data to make effective trade-off recommendations in the Q&C portfolio of strategic investments, to balance risk while leading through change is required.
- Experience in establishing and managing portfolios of programs and reporting progress against investments and savings is an asset.
- Experience preparing business cases and capital appropriation requests is preferred.
- Deep knowledge of regulated healthcare environment and strong business acumen is required.
- Create a direct and indirect organization with a culture of global customer focus and the ability to deliver.
- Build interdependent partnerships, and internal and external relationships.
- Superior team building and leadership skills.
- Strong blend of tactical and strategic management skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization
- Strong work ethic with the ability to create passion around achieving objectives.
- Experience in Quality, Supply Chain, Commercial, and/or Finance is preferred
- Experience with Six Sigma/Process Excellence tools is preferred.
- Project Management experience, to include resource management, FTE demand, risk analysis, cost optimization is preferred
- SAP, Instantis or other portfolio management (Capital/Expense) systems experience is preferred.
- Budget, Headcount, and project tracking is preferred
- This position can be located in any J&J location in the US, and require approximately 15% travel both domestically and internationally, depending on the location of the role.
Ethicon Inc. (6045)