Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Category Associate - Professional Education & Access and Affordability category to be located in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. We have more than 275 operating companies in more than 60 countries, with more than 128,700 employees. Our worldwide headquarters is located in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Category Associate will be responsible for supporting the Professional Education & Access and Affordability category in by developing category strategies and facilitating supplier relationship management activities across the enterprise on a global basis. With addressable spend of approximately $300MM, the category is highly complex and evolving in nature and will require extensive interaction with key business partners, emerging and existing suppliers on a global and regional basis and other Category / Functional leadership.
This individual will work with key business partners and regional category teams to develop, coordinate, implement and track category strategies and supplier relationship management plans on a global / regional basis. They will also monitor, analyze and report on the categories activities and ability to deliver against targets for financial performance, quality, service and compliance adherence.
The Category Associate’s scope of responsibilities include:
- Assist in developing and driving the Procurement vision for, with and through the stakeholder community.
- Assist in executing the vision and strategy as developed at the global or regional level to ensure they effectively meet the long-term requirements of the business partners and deliver the maximum value for JNJ.
- Monitor, analyze, report and deliver on financial, growth, innovation, service, reliability, quality, diversity and sustainability commitments for the category.
- Assist in the execution of category strategies to include: sourcing strategy execution, negotiations, contract implementation and performance against established targets.
- Assist in managing & prioritizing the portfolio of category initiatives.
- Maintain external focus and identify new global / regional suppliers and sources of value for the business in alignment with category strategy.
- Develop supplier relationships with strategic suppliers to include data review and analysis, performance management and development and improvement of end to end value, and bring innovation to the business.
- Responsible for supplier management activities inclusive of supplier performance in collaboration with the regional category leads to ensure alignment of JNJ’s objectives are met, including quality, reliability, innovation and cost objectives.
- Lead supplier enabled innovation events and RF(x)'s to institute sustainable solutions in support of business objectives.
- Utilize appropriate enterprise tools, data, processes, and analytics to identify actionable insights and monitor the performance and efficiency of procurement solutions.
- Proactively gather information, share insights, and openly collaborate with stakeholders to inform category business planning and identify potential opportunities or inefficiencies.
- A minimum of Bachelor's degree is required
- A minimum of four (4) years of professional work experience is required
- A minimum of two (2) years of related experience is required
- Ability to understand and influence individuals and collaborate across functions and supplier partners is required
- Analytical judgment and decision making skills, and acting as a problem solver is required
- Using technology/tools to enable insights in decision making in required
- Ability to operate in an ambiguous environment is required
- Ability to prioritize requests, and propose effective cost/customer service alternatives when necessary
- Strong verbal and written communication skill with ability to confidently present complex information
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time, domestically between sites and internationally is required
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Level of proficiency with core Procurement skills (e.g., supplier management and performance, supply market analysis, Category Management, Procurement Excellence, etc.)
- Ability to develop a high level of credibility with internal customers, and with the supplier community
- Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to respond to changes in the external environment
- An advanced degree in business or related field is preferred
- Strong data analytics skills including experience with Excel and Tableau is preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)