Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager, Global Supplier Relationship Management Lead – Agencies & Media
Requisition ID: 1678181231
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Senior Manager, Global SRM Lead - Agencies & Media. This position will ideally be located in New Brunswick, NJ with the availability to work at any J&J location within New Jersey or Pennsylvania.
Caring for the world, one person at a time inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. We have more than 275 operating companies in more than 60 countries, with more than 128,700 employees. Our worldwide headquarters is located in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA.
With $77 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets.
The Senior Manager – Global Supplier Relationship Management Lead – Agencies will be responsible for leading & coordinating SRM and Category Management activities across Johnson & Johnson’s Consumer, Medical Device and Janssen businesses on a Global basis. With spend of approximately $1 Billion, the Agency categories are highly complex and evolving in nature requiring extensive interaction with key business stakeholders, emerging and existing suppliers on a Global or Regional basis and other Category / Functional leadership. You will work with key business partners and regional category leads to develop, oversee, implement and track SRM plans and strategies on a Global / Regional basis in support of Category strategies.
This position will require high degree of coordination and alignment with business partners, Global & Regional Procurement colleagues and Suppliers to execute. The ideal candidate will Shape, Connect, Deliver and Lead resources to deliver against SRM plans and Category strategies. You will be responsible for handling the relationships with critical global Johnson & Johnson suppliers and will identify, develop and direct the relationship, development and implementation of the supplier strategies as outlined by the Category Leads. You will plan and direct activities and deliver against targets for financial performance, quality, service and compliance adherence.
The Senior Manager – Global SRM Lead – Agencies & Media scope of responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute key Category strategies in support of business objectives. Identify, develop and direct the implementation of Procurement goals and category strategies based on subject matter expertise and understanding of industry / market dynamics
- Developing the vision, strategy and implementation plan for specific critical strategic supplies to meet the strategies set forth by the Category Leads as well as meeting the long-range requirements of the business partners and deliver the maximum value for JNJ
- Develop and implement robust SRM plans by interfacing directly with supplier leadership of critical strategic suppliers to assure alignment of JNJ’s objectives are met, including quality, reliability, innovation and cost.
- Develop deep supplier relationships with strategic suppliers to include data review and analysis, performance management and development and improvement of end to end value, and bring innovation to the business
- Understands operational considerations. Identifies business demand requirements and partners with Category Leads to deliver annual value improvements and drives competitive advantage.
- Deliver on financial, service, reliability, quality, innovation, and growth commitments
- Maintain external focus and identify new global and regional suppliers and sources of value for the business in alignment with category strategy
- Develop, coordinate and implement operational and category efficiency initiatives working with regional category leads
- Develop, coordinate and implement citizenship initiatives in areas of supplier diversity and sustainability along with regional category leads
- Manage and lead team of 2-3 direct reports
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher is required.
- A minimum of 8 years of overall experience required.
- Experience in Procurement, Marketing or a related business area is preferred.
- High level of proficiency with core Procurement skills.
- Experience leading cross-functional and cross-regional teams is required.
- Broad based understanding of business operations, business practices and core Procurement areas of focus.
- Previous leadership or people management experience is highly preferred.
- Working knowledge and experience in Sourcing Processes and Contract Negotiations is required.
- An analytical background with sound judgment and decision-making abilities.
- A proven track record of delivering against targets and objectives required.
- The ability to prioritize requests and propose effective cost/customer service alternatives when necessary is needed.
- The ability to lead in developing new approaches and resolving issues is required.
- The ability to build and maintain strong customer/manager relationships within the organization.
- The ability to build positive relationships with supplier community and internal customers is required.
- Project Management experience required.
- Demonstrated capability to understand and respond to the external market environment is required.
- Required travel for this role is estimated to be up to 30%, domestic and international.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
North America-United States-New Jersey, North America-United States-Pennsylvania
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)