Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Research Scientist, Pharmacology
Requisition ID: 1672190410
The Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacometric (CPP) Department of Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a Johnson & Johnson company, is seeking a highly motivated individual to join Clinical Pharmacology (CP) Immunology group at Senior Scientist level. This individual is to apply and promote CPP knowledge, including pharmacokinetics (PK)/ pharmacodynamics (PD) analyses, translational modelling and principles of model-based drug development in the programs for all stages of drug development ranging from pre-New Molecular Entity (NME) declaration through Post-Marketing support, in collaboration with various stakeholders, Quantitative Sciences (QS)-Project Matrix teams and Pharmacometrics (PM) Leader. Depending on the experience, this individual may function as a CP Leader on the Compound Development Team (CDT) and execute the day-to-day operations for the clinical pharmacology aspects of the assigned programs.
- Contribute to overall compound development via application of quantitative methods to integrate knowledge of PK, PD, patient characteristics, disease states, and drug-drug interactions to optimize dose selection, dosage regimens and study designs throughout drug development. Translate quantitative knowledge into strategic opportunities with key stake holders to drive development along the model-based drug development principles.
- Perform modeling and simulation activities in drug development programs. Perform and/or liaise for modeling and simulation analysis of preclinical-clinical data, translational PK/PD data, up to first-in-human (FIH) and if applicable beyond FIH (dose/exposure-response analyses to guide dose regimen from pre-proof of concept (POC) and POC studies). Provide PKPD guidance to Phase 2-3 studies.
- Execute scientifically robust and efficient clinical pharmacology strategies for NME and/or development candidates.
- Applies the understanding of (1) the impact of intra- and inter-subject variability in physiology and/or pathology, concomitant medication use, and biopharmaceutics, on PK and PK/PD, and (2) requirements for the clinical pharmacology regulatory submission packages and submission processes.
- Represent clinical pharmacology function in multi-disciplinary clinical teams.
- Carries out functional responsibilities in accordance to applicable SOPs, regulatory requirements and Johnson & Johnson Credo principles
- Perform literature searches and summarize the findings.
- Contribute in monographs, INDs and other documents as applicable to support clinical studies and regulatory filings (e.g. NDA/BLA).
- Represent Clinical Pharmacology Function in the regulatory meetings (e.g. pre-IND, EoP1, EoP2, NDA/BLA filing etc.) with the assistance of the senior member as appropriate.
- Remain current with clinical and drug development information and methods in modeling and simulation by engaging with the scientific community (e.g., publishing, presenting at meetings, participating in special interest groups within professional societies, etc.) and internalize key learnings back to Janssen.
- Support CP and PM Leaders with ad hoc analyses, not limited to non-compartmental analyses in support of Phase I studies
- Work effectively in matrix environment, managing CP deliverables in accordance with timelines and overall project goals.
- Apply appropriate regulatory (e.g., FDA, EMEA, ICH, etc.) guidelines in the design of clinical development plans and studies.
- PhD or equivalent degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Clinical Pharmacology, Biomedical Engineering, or relevant Biological Sciences of relevant experience OR MS or PharmD degree or equivalent, with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, with keen interest in drug development.
- Understanding of PK, PD, PK/PD, and Translational Medicine.
- Have experience analyzing data describing biological or PK/PD systems, preferably using a non-linear mixed effects modeling approach.
- Ability to interpret PK and PK/PD results and prepare presentations to illustrate findings accurately.
- Understanding of overall process of drug development and the overall pharmaceutical R&D process.
- Has established a level of expertise and scientific reputation through publications and/or presentations.
- Drug development experience in Immunology (preferred) and/or other Therapeutic Areas and the ability to handle contributions to multiple clinical pharmacology programs, simultaneously.
- Demonstrated understanding of model-based drug development, biostatistics principles and modelling tools (e.g., NONMEM, R, Phoenix NLME, R, SimCYP, Gastro-Plus, MATLAB, SAS, or similar software) and demonstrated ability to apply these tools to enable rational and efficient drug development.
- Working knowledge of clinical and regulatory landscape, disease processes and mechanisms, available treatment paradigms, and patient populations within assigned Therapeutic Area(s).
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)