Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Director, Data Strategy
Requisition ID: 1657180601
Johnson & Johnson Medical Device Companies is recruiting for a Senior Director, Data Strategy. This position can be based in Somerville, NJ or West Chester, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Device Companies produce a broad range of innovative products and solutions used primarily by health care professionals in the fields of orthopedics, neurovascular, surgery, vision care, diagnostics, diabetes care, infection prevention, cardiovascular disease, sports medicine, and aesthetics. Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices contains key surgical platforms such as Wound Closure, Orthopedics, Open and Minimally Invasive Stapling, Energy, Biosurgery, Aesthetics, ENT, and Cardiovascular surgical products. As the most comprehensive devices business in the world, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices (MD) is best suited to serve evolving customer needs, train more surgeons to improve standards of care, and treat more patients globally as access expands. Johnson & Johnson MD is currently $21 billion in Worldwide sales. The business is expected to experience solid growth over the next 5 to 7 years.
- Position is responsible for leading a team within the Global Business Insights (GBI) Center of Excellence (COE) team, in support of the Medical Device Sector. Position will lead and direct the Data Strategy Function, across the Ethicon, Orthopedics and CSS Commercial Businesses.
- Role will be a part of the Global team responsible for building and adapting transformational data capabilities Globally. Leader will drive improvement in data-driven decision making including but not limited to: aligning and procuring all data systems and aligning data to meet the needs of the Medical Device Sector, Commercial Effectiveness Measurement. You will shape and deliver best in class data strategy, audience segmentation and customer centricity.
- In addition to the Global Business Insights team, the position will have strong collaborative partnerships with multiple other functions: Business leaders across marketing teams, IT, Regional and Global Marketing, as well as various agencies, and external vendors.
- Develop and drive implementation of the Global and NA data strategies.
- As part of the GBI Leadership Team, provide a clear vision, mission, scope, and process for the GBI organization
- Translation of GBI mission and capabilities to the GBI, Franchise and Commercial teams. Specific responsibilities include direct and indirect reports working across multiple, disparate data sources (eg primary and secondary market research, forecasting, competitive intelligence and market analytics). Additionally, this leader must partner with other key analytics functions across the organization (and their respective data sources) to ensure a streamlined data strategy
- Develop and manage Global and NA regional data partnerships.
- Partner with IT on further developing data strategy for the Medical Devices Sector.
- Serve as a Global expert on maximizing business impact through data.
- Develop and implement Global guidelines on validating and using 3rd party data.
- Develop and drive adoption of the best data practices.
- Shape 3rd party data acquisition, delivery and usage.
- Guide (train, consult) teams on developing market/brand level data strategies, identification of most appropriate data sources, creating data taxonomies and managing local data assets.
- Guide teams in the local markets on using analytics tools for creating customer insights and using these insights to drive better business decision making.
- Proven track record of performance that demonstrates strong leadership and ability to create a high performance global business insights team
- Strong results orientation while leading through others
- Demonstrate an ability to influence multiple stakeholders at all levels of the organization to ensure an impactful level of team involvement in key business discussions
- Lead Team in
- Flawless execution of all projects and activities required to drive success of the business
- Proactively providing fact based insights and analytics programs to address strategic business needs
- Developing and implementing new innovative insights and business analytics tools and techniques and processes
- Managing through others to acquire data or insights across the business to provide a succinct overview for key leaders
- Serve as objective steward of the Business
- Lead education and dissemination of integrated data strategy plan for key business partners/ leaders
- Active participation and engagement on Global Business Insights Leadership Team and IT extended teams
- Leverage experiences to integrate novel/innovative methods for the business as it relates to the development and execution of strategic insights.
- A minimum of a BS or BA in business, marketing, statistics, mathematics, or related field is required. MBA or MS is preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in strategic insights, market research, business analytics, forecasting, finance or a related field is required
- 5+ years of experience managing people is required.
- In-depth knowledge of data sources available Globally and in NA with a proven track record of developing and successfully implementing data strategy and using multiple data sources for achieving business objectives is required.
- Experience with mining and modeling large data sets and applying advanced analytics methods for consumer clustering and segmentation, developing and leveraging customer insights required
- Working knowledge of industry primary market research tools and techniques, secondary data (Market and Share), competitive intelligence data, and forecasting is required
- Experience in the medical device, hospital specialty, or healthcare field is preferred
- Ability to positively inspire and motivate a team
- Proven track record of managing in a matrixed environment where a high degree of collaboration and influence is needed
- Able to lead large scale initiatives, be a team-player, collaborate successfully and build relationships with internal teams, suppliers and agencies.
- Experience leading an organization through change
- 20-30% Domestic and International travel may be required; Weekend travel and work, participation in calls with regions requiring early morning/late hours as needed
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)