Johnson & Johnson Careers
SR ANALYST, CUSTOMER & MARKET INSIGHTS
Requisition ID: 1641180910
Ethicon US LLC, a member of Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is currently recruiting for a Senior Analyst, Customer & Market Insights to be located preferably in Cincinnati, OH.
Ethicon US LLC., a Johnson & Johnson company, commercializes a broad range of innovative surgical products, solutions and technologies used to treat some of today’s most prevalent medical issues, such as: colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. Learn more at http://www.ethicon.com , or follow us on Twitter @Ethicon.
The ETHICON business represents over $6B in sales for Johnson & Johnson. The company manages and sells products such as Vicryl® Sutures, the largest suture brand in the world; Powered Echelon Flex® endocutters; and Ethicon Secure Strap® hernia fixation devices. The ETHICON business is a truly global enterprise with a strong developed market business and leadership in high growth emerging markets. There is tremendous opportunity to help the company leverage its unparalleled portfolio and pipeline to improve patient outcomes and healthcare efficiencies and drive growth for ETHICON and Johnson & Johnson.
The Senior Analyst, Customer & Market Insights is responsible for conducting analytics and executing primary and secondary market research within the Global Business Insights Center of Excellence team (GBI), in support of the Energy platform. Position will serve as a representative on the Business Unit Insight team, serving as a key partner for the Global Strategic Marketing teams. Role will work with the Business Unit teams to analyze market share and procedural trends and to size opportunities. Role will require a high degree of business acumen and understanding, and individual must be able to proactively recommend tools and techniques to support identifying and understanding customer and marketplace needs. Position will have responsibility for managing and executing strategic and tactical marketplace insight projects and activities.
The Energy business presents approximately $1 billion in WW sales currently and is expected to experience solid growth over the next 5 to 7 years.
• With supervision, support Business Unit Insights team in:
- Analyzing and reporting global market and share
- Developing fact-based insights and analytics programs to address strategic business needs
- Flawlessly executing primary and secondary insight activities required to drive success of the business
• With supervision, support Global Strategic Marketing with new product development and other strategic initiatives by:
- Providing foundational learning and forecasting that helps to ensure that new products and programs are grounded in understanding of marketplace dynamics
- Building in-depth financial and forecasting models
- Informing, planning and executing primary and secondary marketing research activities
• Serve as a critical working member of the Strategic Plan Core team, collaborating with global and regional partners to develop long-term plans grounded in market dynamics and customer insights
• With direction, demonstrate an ability to influence multiple stakeholders to ensure a high level of team involvement in key business discussions
• With supervision, support education and dissemination of existing knowledge estate and market information for key Business Unit partners
• Support Business Unit Global Business Insights Team in data integration to form the Business Unit Knowledge Estate
• BS or BA in business, marketing, statistics, mathematics, or related field is required
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience in secondary market research, forecasting, strategic insights, market research, business analytics, finance or a related field is required
• Strong analytic and critical thinking skills are required
• Strong project management skills are required
• Excellent verbal and written presentation skills are required
• Experience in the medical device, hospital specialty, or healthcare field is preferred
• Proven track record of working in a matrix environment where a high degree of collaboration is needed is preferred
• Excellent personal leadership, collaboration, communication and analytical skills are required
• Ability to support cross-functional teams is required
• Able to work on multiple projects with conflicting deadlines is required
• With supervision, ability to understand, translate and integrate marketplace data and secondary data tools into actionable insights to drive decision-making is required
• Working knowledge of and experience with secondary market research tools (e.g. DRG, provider databases) and techniques is preferred
• Knowledge of primary marketing research, forecasting and competitive intelligence data is preferred
• Demonstrated success in creative problem solving and team partnership is required
• Due to the nature of information reviewed in the role, a high level of discretion and confidentiality is required
• Experience with other analytical tools (Tableau, SAS, SPSS) is preferred
This position will be located in Cincinnati, OH and will require up to 15% domestic travel with the possibility of international travel.
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)