Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 1637180910
Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Scientist located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. delivers on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a legacy of innovative firsts, Janssen Biotech pursues advancing patient care with immunology and oncology solutions. Please visit www.JanssenBiotech.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
We are seeking an independent and creative Scientist in Bioinformatics to join our biologics discovery and optimization organization. This informatics scientist will work with many functional groups.
As a Scientist you will:
- Develop and support bioinformatic algorithms and databases of antibodies and other biologics
- Assist in protein engineering efforts to optimize antibodies and other proteins for biologics drug discovery
- Develop designs for biologic therapeutic screening and optimization strategies
- Analyze complex datasets and create tools to analyze and visualize results with a focus on sequence/structure and functional property relationships
- Excellent written and oral skills are necessary
- Accomplish goals under project team timelines
- M.S. degree in bioinformatics, computational biology, or similar with at least 5 years experience OR PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology, or similar field with at least 3 years of industry experience is required
- Thorough understanding of antibody/protein sequence and structure analysis is required
- An ability to create and develop new informatics tools is required
- Programming experience in at least one of the following: Perl, Python, or R is required
- Working knowledge of Rosetta or similar computational packages such as those from CCG, Accelrys and Schrodinger is preferred
- Experience in modeling and structure visualization and analysis is preferred
- Strong record of publications is preferred
- Practical experience of molecular biology and strong sense of the needs of bench scientists is preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)