Johnson & Johnson Careers
Software Development Manager, Digital Surgery
Requisition ID: 1631190807
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Software Development Manager, Digital Surgery to be located in Boston, MA area.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
The Software Development Manager, Digital Surgery will be a key supporting role in the team on the forefront of digital and robotic technology for the orthopedic medical device industry. This role will lead a medium sized team and be responsible for the growth and evolution of the core software platform. This modular architecture includes a custom operating system and interfaces with all sensors and robotics subsystems included in all orthopaedic robotics products. The ideal candidate for this role has a rich experience with medical devices and is a strong collaborator that takes the time to understand the key stakeholders in order to drive improvements and efficiently complete all aspects of technical documentation, standards and procedures. They will have a relentless and extraordinary attention to every detail of the project. Finally, they will have communication and collaboration skills that allow them to lead a software development team and work with other teams to coordinate deliverables and build products on time and within estimated scope.
- Ensure timely progress and high quality completion of core platform software development activities by the core software development team.
- Ensure related procedural aspects of projects such as all documentation and approvals are scheduled, tracked and communicated appropriately.
- Lead a small team of core software engineers. Plan the team growth and monitor team performance, addressing issues as required.
- Work closely with other software team members, the technical Software Manager and other functions such as Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing, Service and Quality lead to ensure the integration of deliverables into successful product configurations.
- Develop high quality requirements, design documents, unit/integration/system tests and documentation.
- Identify assumptions, risks, mitigations, key deliverables, critical path dependencies and resource needs.
- Develop plans for the adoption of new technology into the core platform.
- Work as a team lead in a hybrid-Agile product development environment, planning sprints and allocating core team resources to meet project requirements.
- Understanding of medical device R&D processes over the product life cycle, from discovery to post marketing.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field is required
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience, including full cycle software development experience is required
- Experience with real-time and/or mechatronics software development required
- Experience with C and/or C++ programming required
- Firmware development experience preferred
- Experience with software development for medical devices preferred
- Team lead experience is preferred
- Experience working on complex capital equipment is a plus
- Experience with 510K and CE marking standards for related medical devices preferred: ISO 62304, 14971, 60601, 13485
- This position will be located in Boston, MA and may require travel up to 40%
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DePuy Synthes Products, Inc (6149)