Johnson & Johnson Careers
Scientist Biology Oligonucleotide
Requisition ID: 1610180911
The Oligonucleotide Center of Excellence at Janssen Pharmaceuticals is seeking a highly motivated scientist to lead ongoing projects in discovery of novel therapeutic agents to treat indications in Infectious Diseases and related areas. The Scientist will be conduct innovative, critical-path discovery research to validate targets, elucidate mechanism of action and optimize activity of therapeutic agents. The successful candidate will aggressively make laboratory-based contributions to achieve research milestones. In addition, working with cross-functional teams, the successful candidate will lead and support the advancement of novel therapeutic approaches to diseases with high unmet need.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
- Design and implement key biological experiments for validating targets, evaluating therapeutic agents and defining mechanism of action. While these will be mainly in vitro based experiments, the ability to perform, manage and interpret in vivo disease models is preferred.
- Perform independent and collaborative research in a dynamic laboratory environment
- Manage research activities with external collaborators at CROs and academic partners
- Make detailed scientific observations, thoroughly analyze data, interpret results and clearly present conclusions to supervisors, colleagues and senior management
- Participate on project teams where you will lead or collaborate on efforts to discover and develop novel therapeutic agents
- Develop synergies with colleagues in the Oligonucleotide CoE, Therapeutic Areas and Early Development in order to perform innovative research and develop novel therapeutic agents
- A PhD is required
- 2+ years of productive research in directly relevant fields, either in academia or pharmaceutical industry experience is required
- Broad experience in target identification strategies, for example, genomics, tissue-based analysis and phenotypic screening is required
- Understanding of nucleic acid based molecular pathways that contribute to inflammation and applying cell-based assays to identify drug targets is required
- Hands on expertise in target validation techniques, preferably a combination of gene targeting (RNAi, CRISPR); gene expression (Southern blot, Northern blot, qPCR) is required; signaling networks (Western blot, Luminex and/or MSD, ELISA) and cellular assays (reporter systems, flow cytometry, bioassays) are required
- Experience with in vivo models of disease (such as tumor models and infectious disease models) is preferred
- Ability to engage with and contribute to project teams internally and externally is preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required
- The ability to engage with multiple Therapeutic Areas representing diverse disease processes is required
- Ability to be an independent, self-starter who can design and implement rigorous, hypothesis-based experiments is required
- This role is located in South San Francisco, CA and requires up to 10% travel both domestic and international
Do you strive to join
an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and
opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-South San Francisco-
Janssen Biopharma, Inc. (6224)