Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager, Business Excellence
Requisition ID: 1609180910
The Ethicon Surgical Care business is comprised of the following businesses within Johnson & Johnson: Ethicon Surgical Care, Ethicon Biosurgery, Ethicon Energy, Ethicon Endomechanics, Ethicon Robotics, Megadyne, NeuWave, and Torax. With annual sales of $11 billion, the Global Surgery Group is the world’s largest, most innovative surgical company. The strength of the Global Surgery Group is illustrated by the fact that more than 80% of our sales come from businesses with #1 or #2 global market share positions. We serve customers around the world, with about 60% of our sales generated outside the U.S., including a fast-growing presence in emerging markets. The Global Surgery Group is committed to innovation, with about 30% of our sales coming from products introduced in the past five years.
The Ethicon Surgical Care business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon Surgical Care business combines products and services of two market-leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
The Ethicon Surgical Care business, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Sr. Manager, Business Excellence for an estimated duration 24 to 36-month assignment. This position is based in Draper, Utah but will have additional responsibility over our Torax site in Saint Paul, MN.
The Sr. Manager, Business Excellence is responsible for Implementing key business improvement initiatives at the Megadyne and Torax Sites. He / She leads, analyzes, designs, and improves business processes by enlisting and influencing cross-functional E2E teams delivering tangible business results through the application of leadership performance standard and Six Sigma and Lean principles, methodologies and tools. Utilizing their business, leadership and technical skills, the Site BE Leader will develop strategy and EXECUTE initiatives to deliver business improvements at both Sites. The BE Leader will be responsible for Integrating and synchronizing supply chain functions for excellence in execution based on JJOS/JJPS process.
• POLICIES: Know and follow EES policies and procedures; ensure that direct reports know and follow EES policies and procedures related to work activities performed in area of responsibility
• TRAINING: Complete training in area of responsibility and ensure that direct reports are trained in area of responsibility within allowed time-period. Training is required for changes in existing policies and procedures, for new assignments and for implementation of new policies and procedures. Complete required periodic re-training and ensure that required periodic re-training takes place for direct reports in areas such as safety and environmental
• SAFETY: Set standards for safe behavior. Recognize and reward safe behavior in others. Ensure that direct reports employ safe practices. Enforce safety policies & procedures. Evaluate staff member’s safety performance and ensure that safety is a part of each direct report’s GPMS. Provide resources (time and money) necessary to maintain safety process. Ensure safety structure is in place in form of working committees and department coordinators.
• Responsible for developing and implementing process improvements using Lean manufacturing, Six-Sigma, and Manufacturing Maintenance Excellence principles/tools within the all Sites
• Responsible to manage JJPS/JJOS Site Leadership Activities (deploy and sustain JJPS)
• CIP management and achievement of monthly and YE targets (coordinate through site CIP staff sponsors to identify site CIP project portfolio, track project/CIP savings status)
• Responsible for delivering process performance improvements around Quality, Product Supply, and Cost.
• Lead Site process improvement initiatives/projects including managing resource requirements timeline and change management tools.
• Collaborate and partner with stakeholders across multiple functions.
• Responsible for developing Lean and Six Sigma capabilities through coaching and mentoring at all levels (associate to management) within the site.
• Create sustained business improvement results through the application of DMAIC, Lean and ME2.
• Management of the BE Training, Certifications, RE-Certifications and Savings as required.
• Follows and observes all regulatory requirements (GMP’s, ISO, FDA, internal policies) applicable to area of responsibility.
• Comply with J&J Safety requirement and safe working conditions and practices in the department.
• Manage and sustain JJPS/ JJOS system
• Other responsibilities may be assigned & not all responsibilities listed may be assigned.
• Bachelors degree required, Engineering or Scientific discipline preferred
• An advanced degree, such an MS or an MBA preferred
Experiences & Skills:
• Minimum 8 years of supply chain, manufacturing, or operations experience required
• Demonstrated experience of successful prior leadership, deployment of Lean Principles and re-engineered manufacturing and transactional processes required
• Experience should include six sigma and Lean methodologies, Project Management and strong cross-functional business acumen required
• Track Record of tangible Improvements through JJOS/JJPS methodology preferred
• Strong computer skills – Microsoft Office, Visio
• Working knowledge and demonstrate ability in project management required
• Strong Leadership: Resilient, Tenacious and Persistent
• Proven Change Management Skills (Change Integration Process) required
• Comprehensive Business Acumen on end-to-end Supply Chain required
• Assertive Influencing & Collaboration/Teaming Skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
• Experienced in developing talent
• Able to deliver oral and written communications around process improvement projects that has clarity and impact
• Organized, analytical approach to problem solving
• Ability to audit production areas and identify non-compliance to requirements and develop/oversee action plans for corrective action. In depth knowledge of such matters such as labor relations, manufacturing methods, production planning and assembly. In- depth understanding of accounting (standard cost), QSR/ISO requirements, trend analysis and failure rate analysis. In depth understanding of production and quality control techniques such as CFM, JIT, TQM, CIM, etc.
• Must understand and have ability to analyze market requirements and opportunities for product lines
• Ability to understand and translate customer needs (Explicit and Implied); customer facing metric development
• Six Sigma or Lean certification of at least a Green Belt is required; Black belt or Master Black Belt is preferred
• 25% to 50% travel required. Position will be in Draper, Utah but will also be responsible for Torax site in St. Paul, MN. International travel may be required, but seldom
Be VITAL in your career. Be seen for the TALENT you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Johnson & Johnson Companies are equal opportunity employers.
MegaDyne Medical Products, Inc. (6250)