Johnson & Johnson Careers
STUDENT ANALYTICAL QUALITY TECHNICIAN (September 4 or 8 month Co-op) Guelph, ON
Requisition ID: 1598190409
As a member of the Analytical Quality Laboratory team, this individual will be responsible for supporting the testing of raw materials, in-process and finished products, and GMP duties including solution preparation and glassware washing. In addition, this individual may be required to complete assigned projects in support of continuous improvement initiatives.
Note: Ratio of lab support and testing may vary based on experience, demonstrated competency and completion of laboratory support activities.
Laboratory Support (80%):
- Prepare solutions for analytical/chemical testing including buffers, acids, bases, standards, HPLC/UPLC mobile phases, and test solutions.
- Operate glassware dishwasher to ensure sufficient glassware is available for testing.
- Complete housekeeping and GMP support tasks ensuring compliance with all procedures and protocols.
Analytical Testing (20%):
- Conduct basic sample preparation and analysis of raw materials, in-process materials and finished products using standard analytical techniques.
- Perform chemical assays, content/dose uniformity, dissolutions, FTIR, identification tests, titrations, specific gravity, sieve analysis, UV-VIS.
- Gain exposure to advanced testing such as HPLC and UPLC analysis.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate records of all work performed (using GDP principles) in laboratory books, log books and controlled worksheets.
- Enrolled in a Bachelor of Science program.
- Candidate should possess previous experience in a laboratory setting.
- Basic understanding of laboratory equipment and analytical techniques.
- Working knowledge of HPLC, FTIR, UV and wet chemistry is an asset.
- Working knowledge of the USP or regulatory requirements is an asset.
- Prior experience within a pharmaceutical or food laboratory is considered an asset.
- Basic knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
- Ability to work both independently or as an integral member of the team.
- Very high attention to detail is required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and multitasking capabilities.
- Strong personal computer skills.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees can achieve their potential.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)