Johnson & Johnson Careers
Return-To- Work, Senior EHSS Specialist (Re-Ignite)
Requisition ID: 1596190807
Did you take a break from the
professional world to pursue other priorities? Do you want to generate
innovative solutions to synthetic and medicinal chemistry challenges within the
context of small molecule drug discovery projects? If you are an experienced,
medicinal chemist with excellent organic synthesis expertise with a break of
two or more years, this “Re-Ignite Career Program is for you.
This four (4) month paid internship as part of our Re-Ignite Career Program will refresh your technical skills while you work with a market leader in healthcare. In addition to key job responsibilities, we provide technical training, professional development, and peer mentoring with full access to the R&D chemistry community at Janssen and the possibility of becoming a full-time employee after completion of the program with the most dynamic health care organization in the world, Johnson & Johnson.
Ethicon Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior EHS Engineer to be located in San Angelo, Texas.
Ethicon, Inc. is a trusted, world-wide leader in surgical care. For over a century, Ethicon has continuously introduced innovations in wound closure, general surgery, wound management, women's health and urology and aesthetic medicine that fulfill the company's vision: Restoration of Body and of Life.
The Senior EHS Engineer is responsible for:
- Reviews and recommends content of health and safety policies and programs.
- Provides content to emergency response plans and participates on emergency response team. Implements and provides training on health and safety policies and programs developed for a site to assure that workplace conditions comply with all local government and company requirements.
- Develops and implements an internal audit process for the site.
- Facilitates compliance audits, assists management in conducting risk assessments, and participates on health and safety teams.
- Conducts hazard assessments, determines root causes, recommends solutions to identified hazards, designs and implements solutions.
- Reviews new regulations from outside agencies and new Johnson and Johnson worldwide environmental health and safety policies and procedures against current site programs and practices for gaps and/or
- Participates as the lead health and safety representative in external audits and inspections by local government agencies.
- Comply with all environmental, safety and occupational health policies. (i.e., ISO14001 & OSHA 18001)
- Technical experience in diverse EHS areas including but not limited to air, water, hazardous and medical waste, machine safety, industrial hygiene and chemical handling is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated project management skills including budget management is required
- Individual should have technical/working knowledge of Government regulations
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written & verbal), problem-solving, influence, planning, organizing, and time management skills. Superior team player.
- Classroom instructor skills are required.
- Interfacing – associates & government inspectors is required.
- Ability to develop individuals within an organization is preferred.
- Organizational skills – generate all required reports & record keeping systems is preferred.
- Experience is required in identifying, evaluating and controlling EHS risks in the workplace.
- Ability to quickly interpret complex regulatory issues and provide recommended course of action is preferred
- Ability to lead local EHS professionals in a matrix environment is required.
- A current career break from chemistry of two or more years, required
- A Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Health and Safety, Science or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of 4 years of related EHS experience is required, experience in an FDA regulated environment preferred.
- Experience is required in identifying, evaluating and controlling EHSS risks in the workplace.
- Knowledge of machine, electrical safety and contractor EHSS, including machine guarding and Lock-Out/Tag-Out (LO/TO) programs, required.
- EHSS auditing experience is preferred.
- Process Safety Management is preferred for this role.
- Environmental management is preferred.
- Technical experience in diverse EHS areas including but not limited to air, water, hazardous and medical waste, machine safety, contractor EHS, electrical safety and chemical handling, and environmental management is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated project management skills are required.
- Report generation and record keeping systems experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA), and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations preferred.
- Knowledge of EHS management systems, including OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001, preferred.
- Standard hours are 800am-500pm, but may require off-shift hours, including weekends, as needed by business and for site related emergencies.
- Proficiency in MS Office software programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required. J&J Worldwide EHS data reporting and tracking systems is preferred.
- This position could require up to 10% travel both domestic and/or international.
- Senior EHS Engineer to be located in San Angelo, Texas.
United States-Texas-San Angelo-
Ethicon Inc. (6045)