Auris is a technology company defining the future of medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures.
Auris is looking for a Staff Data Scientist to join a team
of talented roboticists and software engineers in Advanced Development in
producing a next generation surgical robot platform. This role will be
responsible for leading a small team in developing solutions to design
questions, feature development, and field performance. The team will leverage
existing data infrastructure and guide new tool development. While setting the
direction for the new team, this role will collaborate with our data science
colleagues on our existing product line and across the company.
The Staff Data Scientist we are looking for should be passionate about applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products. At the same time, a desire to learn about and advance surgical robotics is essential. Much of this work will involve developing new system components, so the ability to work independently, but also on a cross-functional team of peers, is a must. We are looking for a candidate who is flexible, self-motivated, curious and willing to help us revolutionize the world of medical robotics.
Core Job Responsibilities
• Lead and train junior engineers in data science techniques and implementation
• Plan projects with deliverables and milestones
• Perform framework & model selection, advising, and implementation
• Select features, build, and optimize classifiers & other tools using state of the art machine learning techniques
• Integration of trained models into production for inference (cloud & embedded)
• Data Engineering around model regression/retraining/monitoring and management for internal models
• Extending Auris’ data with third party sources of information when needed
• Enhance data collection procedures to include new information for future needs
• Perform ad-hoc analysis and present results in a clear & compelling manner
• Create anomaly detection systems and monitor performance
• Ph.D. or M.S. in
computer science, robotics, or other related engineering field
• 5-8 years of experience with data driven scientific analysis
• Demonstrated proficiency in at least one scripting language
• Previous Experience with mechatronic concepts/products
• Experience with a
robotics is a plus
• Experience in an FDA regulated field (Med Device/Pharma) is a plus
• Experience with python is a plus
• Demonstrated ability to quickly evaluate, learn, put to use, and integrate new technologies to solve a problem
•Demonstrated familiarity with the open source community and
• Ability to work in a regulated environment in compliance to ISO 13485 and 21 CFR 820.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are flexible Monday through Friday, generally 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
United States-California-Redwood City-
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)