Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Clinical Research Physician- Oncology-Late Development
Raritan, New Jersey; Spring House, Pennsylvania
Clinical Research MD
Requisition ID: 1585180910
Janssen R&D, L.L.C. is recruiting for a Director, Clinical Research Physician- Oncology-Late Development located in Spring House, PA, Raritan, NJ or Los Angeles, CA. This position requires up to 20% domestic and international travel.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing, and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Oncology Therapeutic Area is recruiting for physician-scientist to serve as a Director, Clinical Research Physician working on the development of a highly active anti-androgen in combination with new pipeline compounds and established medicines with complementary mechanisms of action. Immediate responsibilities will include clinical leadership of the largest company-sponsored randomized trial in the industry in high risk newly diagnosed prostate cancer. This position will reside within the Oncology Clinical Development group. This position will also have growth opportunities for leadership and development of trials with novel combinations in prostate cancer.
The Director, Clinical Research Physician- Oncology-Late Development will also work closely with biomarker, discovery and translational research scientists. He or she will interpret reports, prepare oral and written results of product research, and participate in the discussion of strategies formulated in the disease area strongholds in Prostate Cancer.
Direct reporting lines will be to, and mentorship will be provided by, two executive level physician scientists with industry-wide recognized expertise in prostate cancer.
• A high-performing physician-scientist experienced in clinical research involving registrational clinical trials.
• This individual will be required to collaborate closely with relevant functions within Janssen Pharmaceuticals including discovery, translational, and biomarker research scientists, toxicologists, clinical pharmacologists, drug safety specialists, as well as personnel from Global Clinical Operations, Global Strategic Marketing, and other support functions.
• In this capacity the successful candidate will works closely with research group leaders, drug discovery teams, and project clinical teams.
• The Director is also expected to establish strong working relationships and collaborations with external study investigators, key opinion leaders in drug development, and external alliance partners.
• An MD/Ph.D. or an MD with research experience is required.
• Formal training in Oncology, Hematology, or Urology (urologist with clinical experience in prostatic diseases) with Board certification or equivalent eligibility is required.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in clinical research within the pharmaceutical industry or academia (such as clinical fellowship or junior faculty member) is preferred.
• Some knowledge of translational and clinical cancer research and its application to cancer drug development is helpful.
• A working knowledge of the key areas of medicine and basic science, including chemistry, biology, toxicology, and pharmacology is required.
• Interest in learning about health authority interactions and the desire for career development within the pharmaceutical industry.
• Ability to strategize and lead a goal oriented clinical development team will be very valuable.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
Clinical Research MD