Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. Manager, Environmental Stewardship & Innovation
Requisition ID: 1581180907
Johnson & Johnson International is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Environmental Stewardship & Innovation reporting to the Senior Director, Environmental Stewardship to be located in New Brunswick, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical device markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
The Sr. Manager, Environmental Stewardship & Innovation will be part of the Enterprise EHS&S (Environmental Health, Safety & Sustainability) team responsible for leading innovation across our environmental footprint and driving our global forest protection programs. The role will be responsible for developing and executing a formal environmental innovation strategy across the enterprise. This role will closely collaborate with the existing innovation functions across the supply chain. The role will also be responsible for evaluating the environmental impacts of changes within our supply chain and communicating the impacts to internal and external stakeholders. In addition, the role will be responsible for developing and maintaining a global forest strategy (palm, paper & pulp) in partnership with the sustainable procurement team. This position will work closely with the EHS&S leadership team.
- Support environmental stewardship programs globally. Identify and build value cases for opportunities worthy of scaling both within J&J’s operations and within our external supply chain. Represent EHS&S within internal and external innovation forums. Research market trends and perform horizon scanning. Support environmental related supplier relationships and programs. Lead & develop an updated strategy for the existing EHS&S sustainability grant accelerator program. Formalize and lead the annual grant award process. Track grant performance (track project milestones, performance metrics, measurement and verification, etc.)
- Lead environmental evaluations of strategic business choices (outsourcing, new technologies, etc.) Create standards to be included in contract negotiations with suppliers.
- Develop a comprehensive forest (palm oil, paper & pulp) strategy in partnership with the procurement organization. Own our public forest policies and govern action plans based on internal and external commitments. Lead and support environmental partnerships with stakeholders/NGOs (Climate/Forest related). Identify future partnerships/programs with clear and compelling climate benefits. Maintain and communicate the agricultural commodity risk assessment process in partnership with the procurement organization. Facilitate internal alignment, stakeholder engagement and communication strategies for palm oil, paper, and pulp. Draft annual forest survey responses (CDP Forest, etc.) with support from the procurement organization.
- A minimum of a Bachelor Degree plus 8 years of related working experience is required OR a Master’s degree plus 6 years of related working experience is required
- Experience drafting and gaining support for business value cases is required
- Strong project management skills and history of delivering results is required
- Ability to manage multiple, diverse stakeholders in a matrix environment is required
- Excellent English skills, both written and oral is required
- Ability to see the big picture yet attend to details is required
- Vendor/supplier management; data analysis skills; operational skills are required
- Ability to work in cross-regional and cross-functional teams, translate complex situations into simple working solutions, manage complexity, collaborate with all levels of management and influence decision-making across a matrix organization is required
- Strong negotiation and creative problem-solving skills are required
- Strong communication and influence skills are required
- Ability to approach difficult situations, treat others respectfully, be open to diverse opinions, and arrive at decisions that are Credo-based, strategic, prudent and compliant with standards and regulatory requirements is required
- Resourcefulness, inventiveness and creativity to select the appropriate message to help J&J operating companies manage risk, drive compliant growth and enhance the J&J reputation is required
- This position is located in New Brunswick, NJ and requires up to 25% domestic travel and international travel.
you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is
career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
North America-United States-Connecticut, North America-United States-New Jersey, North America-United States-New York, North America-United States-Pennsylvania
Johnson & Johnson International (6078)
Environmental Health & Safety