Type: 8 Month Co-op
Targeted Start Date: May 4th 2020
At J&J, our purpose is to "Bring Science to the Art of Healthy Living" by providing Canadians with the world's most widely used and trusted brands including Johnson's® Baby, Neutrogena®, Aveeno®, Listerine®, Band-Aid®, Tylenol®, Reactine® and Nicorette®. Based in Markham, Ontario, Johnson & Johnson Inc. employs approximately 400 people and is supported by Canadian manufacturing and R&D facilities.
We are seeking results and performance driven individuals that have demonstrated the ability to lead for an 8-month IT Business Analyst Internship at our Markham location. You should have high energy and passion, be adaptable, customer-focused, and able to work well independently as well as part of a group. You should have good interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, and oral and written communication skills. Negotiating and influencing skills are also important for this role. You also can deal with multiple projects and priorities, in a dynamic and team-oriented environment.
This position provides the opportunity to work directly with partners both across and outside of the business; to lead technical/digital projects and implement IT solutions; to participate in innovative technological projects in a dynamic and highly collaborative/resource-rich environment; and to learn about IT business processes and business operations from a digital perspective.
- You will work with business and/or technology partners to understand business needs, facilitate or (co-facilitate) requirements gathering sessions, investigate solutions, and help with cost benefit analysis, to ensure the best option is selected by the business
- You will identify and lead the resolution of project issues and problems; devising effective ways of reaching project objectives in the most cost/time-effective manner, while considering unique business conditions
- You will be able to maintain relationships with project sponsors and stakeholders
- Complies with the IT System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) documentation and project management methodology
- Project Management – Setting Action Plans, Teamwork & Collaboration, Results-Driven, Customer Focus, Management of Project Costs and Timelines
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, facilitation and engagement skills both verbal and written
- Well-organized, manages multiple activities with conflicting deadlines, and has solid priority and time management skills
- Works interdependently - consulting and collaborating with a variety of internal stakeholders
- You will support and drive internal IT operational process improvement initiatives
- You are a flexible self-starter who works well with little supervision and has strong ownership for the work, critical thinker who is comfortable with ambiguity
- Proven analytical skills with the ability to apply results of analysis
- Learns quickly and is adaptive to business environments, effectively promotes and manages change
- Student currently enrolled in Undergraduate or Master’s program, available for a 8 month work term beginning in May2020 (please indicate your availability in your cover letter or resume)
- Previous experience/exposure to Business IT an asset
Expected Learning & Development:
- Project Management skills
- Communication and Presentation skills - working with various levels of the organization
- Innovation and Continuous Improvement programs
- IT Processes & Methodologies
- Technical Documentation Requirements
- Working within a matrixed organization
- Building and managing business partner relationships
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)