Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Deal Manager, Deal Desk (1 of 2)
Requisition ID: 1561180907
Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies (JJMDC) Strategic Customer Group, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Deal Manager, Deal Desk (1 of 2). The position will be home-office based and can be located anywhere in the United States.
Contract Strategy, Pricing and Administration (CSP&A) is responsible for the development and execution of contracting strategies for customers within the JJMDC Strategic Customer Group (SCG). CSP&A includes the development and delivery of Contracting Strategies (contracting options / parameters by customer segment), Deal Desk (single point of contact, rapid response hub for developing contracts), customer analytics (preparation of customer-ready analytics and materials for the field to support customer updates and negotiations) and CPC governance (rules and processes for approving deal exceptions). The Deal Desk team works in close collaboration with Field Sales, Account Management, Contract Strategy, Contract Administration and other partners such as Legal, Finance, Health Care Compliance, Government Compliance, etc. to put together the most appropriate offering (products, pricing, solutions and T&Cs) for the customer.
As the health care market continues to evolve there is an increased focus on reducing costs, improving outcomes and increasing patient satisfaction. The medical device segment has undergone a dramatic shift in how the prices of our products are viewed in the market place, with significant downward pressure, price transparency, benchmarking and competition.
A Senior Deal Manager is responsible for being the single point of contact with Account Management or Field Sales on all aspects relating to contract development, negotiations, amendments and issue resolution and routing the requests to the appropriate partiers on behalf of the Account Manager. The Deal Desk is the front end of the contracting engine for the entire JJMDC SCG organization and has responsibility for directing the analysts and specialists that support the development and refinement of the specific offer.
- Protect the margins of the business by taking a holistic view of the levers that affect profitability (products, prices, solutions and T&Cs)
- Lead the change in conversation from price to value, up level deal discussion to a more economic discussion (multi-dimensional)
- Reduce the time spent by the field on writing contracts to create more time for them to focus on customers
- Make it easier for our customers to do business with us
- Better align the offers we submit with the needs of the customer segment and the strategies of the business
- Work closely with the Account Management team to develop and shape the offer from opening to closing of a deal
- Develop the most appropriate offer (products, pricing, solutions and T&Cs) for the customer in collaboration with the field in the context of a variety of information on the customer and our business contracting strategies
- Work with the Deal Desk Team (quoting, pricing, finance analysts) to deliver analytics, perspective and recommendations
- Develop offers that support the business objectives
- Drive performance related to contracting, pricing, margin, growth and service goals for JJMD overall and the specific lines of business
- Collaborate with all Sr Deal Managers to gain insights on trends and share best practices
- Provide proactive analytics to the field to move from reactionary to proactive negotiations and deal development
- Triage requests and prioritize workload when constrained, keeping partners apprised of realistic deliverable dates
- Ensure all elements of the offer (products, pricing, solutions and financial T&Cs) are completed prior to the due date and Contract Development has the necessary information to execute, upload and track (clean hand-off), including the feasibility of implementing contract proposals
- Represent specific proposals and customer facts to the CPC for deals requiring this level of approval
- Partner with Contract Strategy to execute newly developed contract offerings, new product launches, integration of acquisitions into our contract strategies and other initiatives and offerings
- Develop key market insights through the customer lens and collaborate with Contract Strategy on market based analytics to translate trends and insights into meaningful pricing strategies or modifications as appropriate
You will drive successful performance across a broad range of activities. This can vary from being an advisor on strategic partnerships and pricing complex deals to developing a narrower set of options for smaller customers. In addition to demonstrating proficiency in the business and the customer landscape, you will possess a balance of quantitative/qualitative problem-solving skills, a sharp strategic mind pulled from insights within J&J as well as the medical device industry and more broadly, excellent written and oral communications, and a focus on driving financial impact.
- A minimum of a BS/BA is required. A degree in Business, Finance, Economics or Marketing is required. An MBA and/or an advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in Contracting, Sales or related business experience is required.
- Medical device experience is preferred.
- Ability to use detailed financial analyses and high-level pattern recognition to drive performance is required
- Self-starter and strategic thinker with demonstrated ability to implement strategies based on competitive dynamics, economic goals, and customer needs
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional environment and build support across a complex set of stakeholders
- Ability to form strong, trust-based relationships with Account Management and Sales
- Drive to understand the full set of JJMD products and offerings, strategies and business objectives
- Ability to influence and align complex groups of stakeholders towards overall business objectives while understanding and respecting individual business objectives
- Strong level of ownership and drive for meeting / exceeding expectations
- Ability to drive rapid, but fact-based decision-making with imperfect data
- Ability to manage multiple variables / levers, and toggle approach within defined parameters based on customer needs and business objectives
- Strong negotiations and influencing skills with experience supporting customer negotiations / contract development is preferred
- Experience with sales teams, sales mindsets and customer needs in J&J businesses is preferred
- Ability to develop talking points / supporting rationale for sales to use in negotiation with customer
- Comfort working remotely with multiple lines of business
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Johnson & Johnson HCS Inc. (6077)